How to change the text color for links in map legend/info window

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries How to change the text color for links in map legend/info window

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mito173
    Participant

Hello all,

well, I am sorry but I stumbled over another problem with the my first WP Go Map on our family blog:

The OpenStreetMap copyright link in the legend as well as the Links in the marker info windows are nearly not readable since the link text color is similar to the background color.
    In the search I found a similar post from 2017 and I copied the CSS snippet given there to Maps -> Settings -> User defined scripts -> CSS (which was the only CSS box I found).
    This didn’t change anything, though.

Attached please find a screenshot of my map, the links are circled in red.

Wordpress version: 6.0
    Plugin Version: 9.0.1
    Theme: Coral Dark V1.4

I’d really appreciate any help, thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
    Michael

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Mito173.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Might I kindly ask you to provide us with a link to your maps so we can help with some custom CSS for this?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Mito173
    Participant

Hi Steven,

thank you very much for your reply – same URL as for my 1st question: https://patschull.de/daytrips/

…idea is to jump from the marker info box to the corresponding WordPress blogpost, which describes the destination – but of course our visitors have to find the link 🙂

…just had the idea if I can do something similar the other way around: jump from the blogpost to the marker – will try this now.

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,
    Michael

Steven

Hi @Mito173,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Could I kindly ask you to navigate to -> Maps -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Please copy and paste the below custom CSS into the custom CSS field:

a.wpgmza_infowindow_link {
    color: #0a39ff;
    }

a.wpgmza_infowindow_link:hover {
    color: #dccdff;
    }

Once complete, please save the settings.

Feel free to change the colors to a more desired color.

Let me know once this is added?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Mito173
    Participant

Hi Steven,

thank you very much for the CSS – I have added it and it works fine for the info window.
    Do you have any additional property for the copyright link on the right bottom corner of the map? I am not sure if the even could cause trouble, if the map source is not readable…

Thanks a lot for your support!

Kind regards,
    Michael

Steven

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

This could cause a few issues, however, the below CSS should help to adjust the color:

.ol-attribution.ol-unselectable.ol-control.ol-uncollapsible a {
    color: blue;
    }

Kindly let me know if this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Mito173
    Participant

Hello Steven,

thank you very much for this CSS snippet, it seems to work well – it not see any side effects yet. I guess you mean that another item within the page could use the same property and thus, change its color also?

Tanks again and kind regards,
    Michael

Steven

Hi Michael,

I was kindly confirming that if the copyright link was not clearly displayed, could cause a few issues with the Open Layers team depending on their terms and conditions.

The CSS provided, should only target the Open Layers map based on the class selection so this should not affect any other elements. 🙂

I hope this helps clarify.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.