Hide GPS text

This topic contains 16 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  spottogo.lyon 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    Is it possible to hide GPS coordinates when a user decides to place a marker on the map? can we put a text instead?
    if not, is it possible to hide the address line?

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch!

We can hide that field using some simple CSS, can you please direct me to the page in question so I can provide that for you?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

Please go to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced and under "Custom CSS" please paste the following:

#wpgmza_ugm_add_address_3
    {
    display: none;
    }

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

My pleasure 🙂

If you’d be kind enough to leave a review at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/ we would be grateful!

If you do need anything else please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

Yes, it’s possible for the user to enter an address with the default setup, but hiding the address field prevents them from doing this.

I understand what you are saying – unfortunately these two are coupled at the moment. We will be de-coupling this data in the future, however at the time of writing I don’t have an ETA on that for you.

Could we perhaps leave the address field visible, but hide it when the user right clicks on the map?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

My apologies for the delay in responding, we’ve been tending to a few bugs throughout the day.

Yes that’s what I’d like to propose.

I can talk you through installing the code, it’s reasonably easy,

If it’s permissible, could we have temporary access to your dashboard to carry this out?

I don’t anticipate any issues as it’s really quite a simple customisation, but if access is possible, I’d prefer that from a debugging point of view.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

I visited /wp-admin on your site and I see "500 Internal Server Error",

Can you please advise?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

I visited /wp-admin on your site and I see "500 Internal Server Error",

Can you please advise?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

I’ll wait for your reply, thank you for updating us!

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

You’re most welcome 🙂

I visited this page: https://spottogo.fr/?page_id=6348

However I don’t see a map there.

Please advise?

Can you also please make sure you have both the up to date WP Google Maps, and the most up to date UGM add-on?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

Can you please provide FTP access to the site?

Can you please also turn on developer mode in Maps -> Settings -> Advanced?

I believe I can see the problem but I’m unable to reproduce this locally.

Would that be permissible?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

We patched this issue in the week – can you please confirm you have UGM 3.06, if not can you please go do Dashboard -> Updates and force checks for updates?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

Please change the default marker image in Maps -> Edit -> Advanced Settings.

Yes we can absolutely remove that circle – I need to patch some events into our core code to customise this, can you provide FTP details for this site to do that?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

There’s no built in support to change that text but you could add your own <label> element with jQuery and either enclose the button in it or add a "for" attribute.

It’s not possible to show directions from a link at present, I can definitely add this to our feature request list though if you would like?

Can you please confirm on which page the search location marker doesn’t appear?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi there

Thanks for that.

I would need dashboard access to the site in order to look into the issue of the search marker not appearing,

I’ve noted your request but I will need FTP access to this site in order to carry that out for you.

My apologies for the back and for e-mails on this matter, I’m sure as soon as we can get access it’ll be a quick fix.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.