Hide Google Maps Icons

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries Hide Google Maps Icons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bam_Bam

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain in the posterior with so many questions.

I have an issue with the icons showing on Google Maps by default. (see the attached image)

I am creating a paid subscription site and having these icons showing I feel will be a major problem, when it comes to getting someone to pay to show where there venue is.

What I am asking is, can we somehow prevent the existing icons from showing up altogether ??

Or at the very minimum render them un-clickable, but that would be a last resort option, I would much rather they just didn’t show up.

Kindest Regards
    Bam Bam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bam_Bam

I did a little searching around and found a Google Maps page on this very subject (link below) question now is how can I implement this via the plugin ??

Once sorted this could be a nice option to add to settings, a toggle to turn it on or off.

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/hiding-features

Kindest regards
    Bam Bam

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Bam Bam
    You are no pain in the posterior at all – we are here to help 🙂

That is an excellent feature request, and one that I will be adding to the plugin in the very near future. For now though, you can simply achieve this by pasting the below into the custom theme data section of the themes tab in the map editor

[{
     "featureType": "poi.business",
     "stylers": [{"visibility": "off"}]
    },
    {
     "featureType": "transit",
     "elementType": "labels.icon",
     "stylers": [{"visibility": "off"}]
    }]
    Bam_Bam

Nick,

Fantabulous, that did the trick, I’m a happy chappy now.

Regards
    Bam Bam

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

My pleasure!

smcrmo

Hey Nick, just wanted to ask if this feature has been added to the plugin, or do I need to add the code to the custom theme field for each of my maps? Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.