Google Maps Map Engine Not Working, Open Maps Working

New home Forums Basic Version Troubleshooting Google Maps Map Engine Not Working, Open Maps Working

This topic contains 64 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cwilliams 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author

cwilliams
    This reply has been marked as private.

cwilliams

Hi Trevor,

Hoping for a response today. I read you guys try and respond within two hours.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Are there multiple markers for the same place in the backend map editor? If so have you imported multiple times? When importing the importer will bring in all the markers again and you will get doubles.

You should be fine using the database instead of XML.

For the search feature I’d recommend updating the plugin, you can request a new download link here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/get-updated-version/

Then delete the current Pro plugin installed on your site and install the downloaded version above.

VGM does have a shortcode you can use to separate the form from the map. You can find the documentation for this here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/advanced-map-options/map-shortcode-parameters/#VGM_form

Categories for the CSV will need to be a comma separated list of category IDs, you can get these in Maps -> Categories for the categories you’ve created.

The distance calculation is a direct distance from the two points, it doesn’t take into account any sort of route. It should be correct as I’ve double checked this with Google maps itself by measuring on their maps and then on a map in our plugin and both distances are the same.

As for the directions I have added a script to the settings to simply open the directions in Google maps instead of our directions setup.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

cwilliams

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Sorry for the posting issue, I do see your post in our support system with all the details.

I’ll need to look at why those markers are acting so oddly and may need to refer to our lead developer, who is out of town until the 3rd.

For categories there’s currently no way to look at how may markers are in a category from the map editor.

I’m not certain what you are asking about categories working when selecting a category, it should just filter based on the category selected so only markers with that category show.

For the zoom category issue you can try the following JS which will zoom to the markers in the category selected:

jQuery(function($){
    $(‘.wpgmza_map’).on(‘wpgooglemaps_loaded’, function(){
    var map_id = parseInt($(this).attr(‘data-map-id’));
    MYMAP[map_id].map.on(‘filteringcomplete’, function(){
    var bounds = new google.maps.LatLngBounds();
    for(var i = 0; i < MYMAP[map_id].map.markers.length; i++){
    if(MYMAP[map_id].map.markers[i].getVisible()){
    var new_bounds = MYMAP[map_id].map.markers[i].getPosition();
    bounds.extend({lat: new_bounds.lat, lng: new_bounds.lng});
    }
    }
    MYMAP[map_id].map.googleMap.fitBounds(bounds);
    });
    });
    });

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

cwilliams

cwilliams

cwilliams

cwilliams

SupportTeam

Hi there,

The script I provided does zoom to all markers, I’ve added a working copy to the end of Maps -> Settings -> Advanced Custom JS for you, but commented it out, just so you could see that it works. To get it working you’ll need to remove the /* and and the */ before and after that end section. Unfortunately to implement what you’re asking for would take some work and likely fall under our customization service: https://www.wpgmaps.com/customization-requests/

Location Pin issue, our lead developer will be on tonight and I will let him know to have a look at this.

At the moment the only way to hide the description for the submission form would be with CSS, or you could edit the plugin itself. I will have this option added to the plugin though, as it would be a simple addition and makes sense to have it. I will also add the ability to change the text for the forms, as this is requested quite a bit. Look for an update to the plugin within a the week or so.

I’ve not seen a request for category counts in the backend before, the plugin isn’t really for tracking markers, just for displaying them. Of course I will bring this up with our lead developer and put this request in for you. In the meantime you could search for Virginia in the backend and get the total markers from those results. Although I understand that’s not ideal.

I’m not certain about the infowindows not opening, there may be an escaping issue with apostrophe’s there, but I’ll have to ask our lead developer about this as the error message claims there’s no latitude value, but clearly there is and that shouldn’t have anything to do with an infowindow I would think.

At this time there is no option to separate out the filter from the map, the only thing you could do would be to try moving it with JavaScript.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

cwilliams

SupportTeam

Hi there.

Sorry for the email issue. This is probably due to our support system integration. I will respond here directly on the forum from now on so you should get emails. The thread count issue is probably the same thing.

As per the cost of that I’ll ask our lead developer as he’ll have a better idea of what that will take to accomplish.

The pin/infowindow we’ve looked at, it appears to be an issue with the marker separator. I’ve made some changes to the settings for this and it looks to be working better now.

For removing the option from the category selection I’ve included some code at the top of Maps -> Settings -> Advanced in the Custom Js field for you to do this. The 2 in the option[value=”2″] part of the jQuery selector is the ID of the category, you can find these in Maps -> Categories.

To change the category selection type on the front end there are two options, “Category Selection Logic” and “Filter by category displayed as” in Maps -> Settings -> Maps.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

cwilliams

cwilliams

cwilliams
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.