Google Maps Javascript API error: APIProjectMapError

New home Forums Basic Version Troubleshooting Google Maps Javascript API error: APIProjectMapError

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  webreddy 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

webreddy

My client’s Google Map recently stopped working due (I think) to the previous developer suspending his Google account and related API key. I’ve set up a new project with billing enabled and have a new API key but the map is still not displaying.

I have entered the new API key into the plugin, emptied the cache and deleted and reinstalled the plugin but the code still seems to be referencing the old key.
    I have enabled Maps Javascript API, Maps Static API, Geocoding and Places and entered HTTP referrers.

I’ve read documentation and forum posts but can’t find an answer. Can you help please?

website link

AbelC

HI There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Could I kindly ask if you could please confirm if you have add your new API Key in Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Google Maps API Key?

Could I also kindly ask if you could please confirm if you have enabled the following APIs in your Google Cloud Console:
    – Google Maps JavaScript API
    – Google Maps Geocoding API
    – Google Places API
    – Google Maps Directions API
    – Google Maps Distance Matrix API
    – Google Street View Image API

You can find Google’s documentation on this error here -> https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages -> Please scroll down to “ApiProjectMapError”.

We look forward to hearing back from you and getting this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

webreddy

Thanks Abel
    Yes I have read the documentation for that error and added the new API key in Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Google Maps API Key.
    I had enabled the first 3 APIs in you list and have now enabled the latter 3 also.
    Billing is also enabled.

Interestingly, in the javascript console error, the old key is still being displayed so it seems the new key is not finding it’s way through to the code somehow even though I have pasted the new key into the plugin and cleared caches.

Look forward to hearing any suggestions.

AbelC

HI There,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Could I kindly ask if you could please provide us with your new API Key so that we can run a couple of tests?

This will be a tremendous help in debugging this issue further.

We look forward to hearing back form you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

webreddy
    This reply has been marked as private.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for your time on this one.

We will look into this issue and get back to you as soon as possible.

I do apologize for the wait.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for your time on this one, we really do appreciate it.

I have run a couple of tests and it appears that the Map is still loading the old API Key.

This could be due to another plugin or theme loading the API.

Could I kindly ask if you could please navigate to Maps -> Settings -> Scroll down to “Prevent other plugins and theme loading API” -> Please enable this option.

Once you have enabled this option, could you please clear your cache and refresh your Map page.

Please do let me know if this is working for you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

webreddy

Hello again
    Yes I already checked that and it is enabled.
    I have cleared caches again.

I recently installed the Autoptimize plugin in order to speed up the website.
    It is deactivated currently as I thought that might be the issue. Might it have left some minified files behind that could interfere with the maps key loading process?

Thanks for all your help with this
    R

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Could I kindly ask if you would be open to submit a support ticket here for me -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/ -> please mention my name in this ticket so that the other agents would know to assign this ticket to me.

If so, would you be at all open to provide us with temporary admin access so that we can take a closer look as to what is causing this issue?

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

This will be a tremendous help, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

webreddy

Thanks Abel
    I have just submitted a support ticket.
    Happy to set up admin access for you if you provide me with an email address.
    Appreciate all the help.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for your time on this one.

I have now responded to your ticket.

I have also provided my email address to create a temporary admin account.

Please do let me know if you have not yet received my response.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

webreddy

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much.

I have now received the email with the login details.

We will look into this issue and get back to you as soon as possible.

I do apologize for the wait.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for your time on this on this one.

I have now responded to your ticket.

Please do let me know if you have not yet received my response.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

webreddy
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.