Google Maps is not loaded correctly

New home Forums Basic Version Troubleshooting Google Maps is not loaded correctly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dekino

Hi, I have a display problem, after I successfully configured the API map does not work, see the message “Sorry, there was a problem.
    Google Maps is not loaded correctly. For technical details, see the JavaScript console. ”

How can I fix?

Thanks so much.
    Derek

PatD

Derek,

I’m sorry to hear you are having difficulties with the software not loading correctly. Could you please either:

1) Check the Javascript Console in your browser for error messages and copy those errors into a reply to this topic (Press [F12] on the page that has the problem to bring up the console and then click the Console tab to view the Console).
    OR
    2) Paste the URL of the problem page into a reply to this topic so we can check the error messages ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

dekino

Thanks for your fast answer!

the Console Tab in Chrome there is this message:

js:34 Google Maps API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#referer-not-allowed-map-error
    Your site URL to be authorized: http://sviluppo.luceimmagine.ch/contacts/_.hb @ js:34

Thanks again!

PatD

Hi Dekina,

The “RefererNotAllowedMapError” is usually seen when your referrers are not setup correctly.

1. Please login to your Maps API project at Google API Manager.
    2. Click the Credentials link in the left sidebar.
    3. Select the API key you are using on this website from the list on the next page and click the pencil icon to edit the API key.
    4. Scroll down to Key restrictions and add both the following variations of your domain as referrers in your API project:
    *.domain.com/*
    *domain.com/*

(Where ‘domain.com’ will be replaced with your URL instead)

Adding both of the referrers mentioned above should allow your domain access to the Google Maps API.

For a more detailed explanation on setting up the API key, please read our documentation here: Creating a Google Maps API Key

I hope this helps?

dekino

thanks for the answer, now the map works, I see it!

But another problem was born, the map indicates a point immersed in the nothing in the united states, I entered my address, but I checked and clicking on the “edit this marker location” and in this section is entirely correct.

I made some mistakes in transition?

Thanks so much.

PatD

Good Morning Dekino,

I’m afraid we’re losing something in translation. I’m not sure what you mean by “immersed in nothing”. 😉 I’d like to take a look for myself if you wouldn’t mind.

Could you please create a temporary admin account for your WordPress site and send me the following information:

– WP-Admin URL
    – Temporary Admin Username
    – Temporary Admin Password

Please provide the above information in a private reply in this thread. Click the Set as private reply checkbox below the editor box to do so.

Thanks in advance.

dekino
    This reply has been marked as private.
    PatD

The problem was that you were zoomed out too far. Zoom in on the map until you can see the continents and then drag over to Europe if needed. Of course, you can zoom in closer if you’d like.

Thanks for setting up in English, but no need – I’m a Google Translate wizard.

I hope this helps.

dekino

Great!

Thanks so much,
    Now everything works and I understand how to use the plugin!

Thank you again!

PatD

Thanks for letting us know the problems were resolved. We are always happy to hear that we’ve helped. Be sure to let us know if you have any further problems or questions.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by SupportTeam.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.