Google API Issues

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Google API Issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ShawnKent

Good day,

I am getting the dreaded “This page can’t load Google Maps correctly.” when adding markers and adding geodata. As well I get the same issue when trying to use the Store Locator. In the Developer tools the error I am getting states:

This API key is not authorized to use this service or API. Places API error: ApiTargetBlockedMapError
    https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#api-target-blocked-map-error

I have confirmed that I have the following APIs enabled for my key:

• Maps JavaScript API
    • Places API
    • Geocoding API

Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shawn

AbelC

Hi Shawn,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and delayed response over the weekend.

Could I kindly ask if you could please enable the “Google Maps Directions API”?

Please note that the following APIs is needed to fully work with the Google Maps API:
    – Google Maps JavaScript API
    – Google Maps Geocoding API
    – Google Places API
    – Google Maps Directions API

You can find our documentation here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/#create -> Please scroll down to “Enable Required API Functions”.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please do let me know if this is working for you. and I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

ShawnKent

In the end, it was a combination of this and setting extremely explicit credentials. Setting the credentials to the domain wasn’t working. It wasn’t until I explicitly set them to the pages that the maps were running on that this error resolved. Thank you for the assistance anyway.

AbelC

Hi Shawn,

Thank you so much for letting me know and that is great to hear.

It is only a pleasure and please do let us know if there is ever anything else that we can assist you with.

We will gladly assist with any questions or issues you may be having.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.