getCurrentPosition() No longer working

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers getCurrentPosition() No longer working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dsnowdon 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dsnowdon

We have recently noticed that we can no longer drop a pin on our Visitor Generated Marker page. In Chrome developer mode it appears that a Google api error is being thrown.

core.js?ver=5.73p:2434 [Deprecation] getCurrentPosition() and watchPosition() no longer work on insecure origins. To use this feature, you should consider switching your application to a secure origin, such as HTTPS. See https://goo.gl/rStTGz for more details.

http://www.caymanwater.com/report-an-outage/

Thanks

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on this matter.

You will need to set your site to use an SSL Certificate ie your site will need to have HTTPS rather than HTTP in the URL. As the error shows, Google no longer allow these functions on unsecured sites (ie none HTTPS) as they point to users locations so you wil need to secure your site in order to continue using those functions.

Your host should be able to assist you in setting your site up into HTTPS (secured) mode.

I hope I have clarified and thank you for your time in this matter.

dsnowdon
    This reply has been marked as private.

dsnowdon

SupportTeam

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to me on this matter.

Can you please click on the Secure text in the URL bar and then where you see Location, can you please set this either to Allow or to Ask and then clear your cookies and cache and reload the map page again and it should produce the location like in my screenshot (I have also sent the location of the setting to change in this same screenshot).

You may also have to test on an incognito window if you are using serious caching?

Can you please let me know if this helps at all?

Thank you for your time in this matter.

dsnowdon
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.