German translation DE / missing strings for "Get directions"

New home Forums Pro Add-on German translation DE / missing strings for "Get directions"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi there,
    I noticed that there are some strings for German translation (DE) are missing (*.pot/*.po/*.mo) for “Get directions”

1. Options: Avoid Ferries >> Fähren vermeiden
    2. Button-Label: Add Waypoints >> Wegpunkten hinzufügen or Reiseziel hinzufügen
    3. Button-Label: Remove >> Entfernen or Löschen

Is it possible to fix this in advance via php or filter-hooks? Or do you update the language files asap?

PS: A nice to have “Feature Request” would be to print the “Directions” 🙂

Best regards,
    Frank

SupportTeam

Hi Frank,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Here you can find udpated translation files: https://app.box.com/s/aahlv366e8yny26afuo0746pyd4qnj8t
    Please do backup of current wp-google-maps-de_DE.po and wp-google-maps-de_DE.mo files under wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/languages folder. Then unzip both files from above URL and replace current files.

If that doesn’t help please also copy both files to this directory: wp-content/languages/plugins

Thank you for your time in this.

Best regards,
    Jarek

Hi Jarek,
    Thank you for your fast reply and sharing the udpated translation files. Perfect!
    Thanks for your support as well.

PS: I just saw that there are some mistakes in the po-file. I added a few screenshots.

1. mi >> 1 mi | wrong
    2. km >> 1 km | wrong

Plus three times format/argument errors.

Best regards,
    Frank

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by digitalartcore. Reason: I found some mistakes in *.po
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SupportTeam
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Jarek,
    Please take a look at my previous post again. See above! I found some mistakes in the *.po. I edited the post and made some screenshots for you.

Best regards,
    Frank

SupportTeam

Hi Frank,

Sorry. I haven’t noticed that. Here is the link to fixed translations: https://app.box.com/s/ak5fcnbf4xri6f64gc42t9uxo8if9w8e

Hope that helps.

Best

Hi Jarek,
    Yes that helps. Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

SupportTeam

Hi Frank,

I’m happy to hear that.

Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Best

hela

Hello,

I also have a problem with the German translation file.

After each update, the driving instructions are in Englisch again. So I have to manually delete the wp-google-maps-de_DE files in wp-content/languages/plugins

Could you fix this in the next update?

br Heinz

SupportTeam

Hi there,

I’m very sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with the plugin.

Please install little plugin I’ve attached. This plugin should check your translation and replace it automatically if it finds older version in wp-content/languages/plugins folder.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    hela

Thank you, the fix works.

Will it be included in the next releases of the plugin?

br
    Heinz

SupportTeam

Hi Heinz,

I’m glad to hear that.

I need to discuss that changes with our Lead Developer. However please note that you won’t lose your changes after next plugin update when wp-google-maps-translation-fix plugin is activated.

Kind regards

Hi Jarek,
    I have just updated to the latest versions and I noticed that there are some strings for German translation (DE) are missing (*.pot/*.po/*.mo) for “Get directions” (As always, like a Running Gag) 🙂

1. Options: Avoid Ferries >> Fähren vermeiden
    2. Button-Label: Add Waypoints >> Wegpunkten hinzufügen or Reiseziel hinzufügen
    3. Button-Label: Remove >> Entfernen or Löschen

Even if I open it in Poedit, there are also some error messages (like wrong spaces, etc.)

It would be very nice if you can send me the fixed and updated translations.

Best regards,
    Frank

SupportTeam

Hi Frank,

I sincerely apologize for any issues you are experiencing with our plugin.

Here is the link to updated German translation: https://app.box.com/s/gryrq0r0156ssbnewntdcfdkdoqwlsvk
    I checked it out on my local and it worked fine.

Best

Hi Jarek,
    Thank you for your fast reply and sharing the udpated translation files. Perfect, it works fine!
    Thanks for your support as well.

Best regards,
    Frank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.