Geocoding Not Working

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Geocoding Not Working

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ceramicpro

Hi,

I have double checked that both the map API and geocoding API are good and active. However, when uploading markers with a physical address, geocoding fails (beta). Then, if I upload markers without using the geocoding beta function, the markers never get geocoded.

Isn’t the plugin supposed to do API calls to render missing geocoding data of currently standing markers that are missing it?

Or and I in the wrong and all these coordinates need to be added manually one by one?

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Could I kindly ask if you could please provide me with this File that you are uploading so that we can take a closer look as to what is causing this issue?

Could I also kindly ask if you could please provide me with a screenshot of the errors you are currently receiving when uploading this file?

Lastly, would it also perhaps be possible to please confirm your WP Google Maps Basic and Pro version installed on your site?

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

We look froward to hearing back from you and getting this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

ceramicpro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ceramicpro

Hi, I’ve been trying to get this to work on staging. I managed to get geocoding to work on uploads.However, I had to separate all 3000+ markers into14 different sheets to only upload 250 at a time. I managed to get 12 out of the 14 sheets up, however, I’m stuck on those last two because the uploads keep failing at that point.

So I’m close, on staging at least, but not quite. The one thing that really concerns me is that on the production site, where there are 600+ markers missing geocoding, at least the IDs are more or less sequential. On staging however, because I had to divide this into so many different sheets, the ID seems inflated.

This could all be solved if I was able to geocode markers that are ALREADY on the site. But that doesn’t seemed to be possible Please advise.

AbelC
    ceramicpro
    ceramicpro
    AbelC

Hi Danny,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

1. Not a problem at all, we look forward to your ticket.

We will then be able to debug this issue further.

2. I have run a couple of tests and it appears that the Geocoding field is just smaller in width. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

I have now informed our lead developer and we will look into this issue as soon as possible.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

ceramicpro

Hi Abel, I do not need to open a support ticket. I’ve kept working on the map and finally got it to comply.

I noticed that if I pasted the Geocoding key into the field in the marker tab right before uploading it would use that instead of the truncated version. Also, if I uploaded over on the first tab after having done one upload on the marker tab after pasting the key, that would work too.

I had to wait until a reset on the daily API count for geocoding. Then I divided our 3400+ markers into 9 different sheets, but only put the ones needed geocoding on the last 2-3 sheets.

I then cleared the map and uploaded every CSV individual, NOT triggering geocoding until I got to the sheets that needed it.

I had a few failed attempts, but since I was backing up after every successfully uploaded sheet, I was able to restore and continue until I got all the markers up.

I also converted the markers to work off XML rather than the database.

I’m happy to inform that apart from a few edits I still have to do, 99% of our map functionality is finally there. I understand we are pushing your plugin to extremes.

The downside is that even though I can download a backup CSV of all the markers, that would have over 3400 markers, which means I can’t reupload anyway. It would be awesome if one could download JSON sheets that could also be reuploaded in case a restore is necessary.

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know, and that is great to hear.

You can download your marker data as a JSON File by navigating to Maps -> Advanced -> Export -> Select your preferred map and map data -> Please click on “Export”.

Your marker and map data should now be downloaded as a JSON file.

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if this is working for you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

ceramicpro

Hey Abel,

I’ll try that and re-upload to staging to test. The last time I did that, the JSON file failed to upload even though it was an unedited version that came right from the site. But it’s been a while, so things might have changed. That would be ideal to restore backups if it works.

Anyway, the reason I’m writing is I have one one question. I just looked at the settings and see the map is back on “database” markers rather than XML. I swear I had changed this. I’m going to go ahead and attempt to switch to XML again… in staging first.

We have about 3400 markers. It’s really ideal to run XML for the markers rather than database, right?

ceramicpro

Ehhhh. I tried the JSON download and reupload thing, and uploading never works. There is always some kind of error, for example the one in the screenshots below. There are of course,a lot of different combinations of settings ones could do to get an import going. But all the different combinations I tried gave me errors. As inconvenient as it is, I’m sticking with full site restores for now.

ceramicpro

Ehhhh. I tried the JSON download and reupload thing, and uploading never works. There is always some kind of error, for example the one in the screenshots below. There are of course a lot of different combinations of settings ones could do to get an import going. But all the different combinations I tried gave me errors. As inconvenient as it is, I’m sticking with full site restores for now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know, and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Yes, we recommend pulling marker data from an XML File when you have more than 1500 markers.

Regarding the importing issue, could I kindly ask if you would be open to submit a support ticket here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/ -> And please provide us with a temporary admin account so that we can take a closer look as to what is causing this issue?

If so, would it also perhaps be possible to please provide us with the file you are trying to import?

We will then be able to debug this issue further.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope this helps clarify, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

ceramicpro
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.