Geocode was not successful for the following reason: fail

New home Forums Basic Version Geocode was not successful for the following reason: fail

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  [email protected] 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hi Cecile,

Thanks for the response and letting me know.

Could I kindly ask if you could please create a ticket here with a link to this forum topic and then I would be able to assist you further from there: https://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/

Additionally, could I kindly ask if you would perhaps be open to creating a temporary account for me on your website so that I can just take a closer look at this issue and get it resolved and working correctly on your website?

I am looking forward to your response and assisting you further in getting this resolved.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Hi Dylan,

I have been able to display the map on the page and thank you for your help.

May I ask you to explain me how I can add a shortcode to a marker ?

Thanks

cécile

Hi Cécile,

That is great to hear and I am glad that you were able to get it working correctly.

You can add the shortcode to the marker using the same method as when using a shortcode on a page or post, by just copying the shortcode to the description field of the marker when editing or creating a new marker in the dashboard under Maps > Edit.

If you are using the ‘Display Posts’ plugin mentioned previously, you can add the following shortcode for instance: [display-posts] and this should render the shortcode in the frontend map.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Hello Dylan,

Thanks Dylan for your helpfull answer. I have created another ticket. As I don(t know if you will find it, I prefer to send you myd details here.

My site is : alarencontredelhorizon
    The password is : [email protected]

I have been able to copy the shortcode of the map in a post. Now I need to “geolocate” each post and link them to a marker. How can I do that ? Should I have to upgrade to the pro version ?

Many thanks

Cécile

Hi Cecile,

Thanks for the response and letting me know.

I have received your ticket and will reply there shortly. Could I kindly ask if you could please mark your previous reply with the password as a private response to ensure the privacy of your details?

I attempted logging in with the details provided, however, unfortunately, it seems like these details do not seem to work.

Could I kindly ask if you could confirm which email address or username should be used in the ticket so that I can assist you further.

It is not currently possible to geolocate each post, but depending on how many markers you have, I would suggest adding a category to each post determined on the different markers and then use the ‘category’ attribute in the shortcode to only display those posts. For example: [display-posts category=”marker1″].

Please let me know if you would be able to do this.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Dylan

This reply has been marked as private.
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Cecile,

Thank you for the response and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

I noticed that the shortcode for WP Google Maps was not being used on the page and that there was another map from a different plugin being added to the editor. I have now added the shortcode:

and the map is displaying correctly on the page: http://alarencontredelhorizon.fr/ma-route/

Could I kindly ask you to please have another look on your side to confirm if it is correct now?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Hello Dylan,

I thank you for your last email. The pending problem I have is to dusplay the post from the markers. As you can see at the bottom the each page I have indicated the location. How can I link that information withe the marker ? For instance I would like to open the page “Bénin 2019 avec l’ONG Jura Afrique” when I click on the marker located at the same place on the map … I don’t have something as on your picture .. I can’t edit anything on the marker related to the posts.

It is true that I have loaded another plugin for another map because I fear I can’t get that with WP google maps … The installation is not complete and I fear to be lost again in the API key system.

I thank you for helping me in solving this last point. I hope it is possible.

Best regards

Cécile

Hi again,

In addition would you be so kind as to show me the shortcode displayed for the map you mention ? I don’t find it.

I don’t see any possibility to edit a marker to add a link or a shortcode to display a category of posts … Does it mean that I have to upgrade to the Pro version ? I would like to be sure that I will be able to do what I intend to to.

This is my target :

Carte du monde

Many thanks

Cécile

Hi Cécile,

Thank you for the response.

With WP Google Maps Pro, the plugin allows you to add detailed descriptions for each marker and allows you to add the link for that marker to link to that page. You can find information on this here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/advanced-map-options/marker-content-editor/

Regarding the shortcode, I added it on the Ma Route page as shown in the screenshot attached.

The Pro version should allow you to add the information according to your needs and please do let me know if you come right with this.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.