Geocode was not successful for the following reason: fail

New home Forums Basic Version Geocode was not successful for the following reason: fail

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  [email protected] 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I can’t add a marker …

I got seveal error message and do not know what to do with this.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

This error is usually shown if one of the required Google Maps libraries have not been activated from the Google Cloud Console dashboard for your API Project.
    To fix this, could I kindly ask you to log into your Google Cloud Console and under the Library section, make sure the following API’s are enabled:
    Maps JavaScript API
    Geocoding API
    Places API

After activating these, could I kindly ask you to then test it again and please let me know if this helps?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your answer. I have been able to enable those 3 API and unfortunatly it does not work.

I got the same error message …

Could you please help me ?

Thanks for your help.

Cécile

Hi Cécile,

Thank you for the response.

Once enabled it might take a few minutes to reflect, however, if you are still experiencing this issue, could I kindly ask you to please confirm that you are using the same API key in the WordPress dashboard under Maps > Settings > Advanced Settings > Google Maps API Key as you are editing in the Google Cloud Console?

Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your answer. The keyx are differents : I got one by email and paste it in pasted it WordPress and the one in google can’t be changed. What should i do ?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Cécile

Hi Cécile,

Thanks for letting me know.

Could I kindly ask you to please log into your Google Cloud Console and copy the API key for your Google API Project and please copy and paste this API Key into Maps > Settings > Advanced Settings > Google Maps API Key.

After doing this and saving the settings, could I kindly ask you to please try again and please let me know if that helps?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Hi Dylan,

After several changes in google console, I am able to display the map in the footer but not in one page. Do you have an idea ?

In the footer the map does not fit with the the space available. I have to move the map to fullfil the place.

I thnak ypu for your help.

Best regards

Cécile

Hi again,

The fact is that I can see the map on the page when I click on Preview but not when I go on the web site … And it does not fit.

Thanks

Best regards

Cécile

Hi Cécile,

Thank you for the response and my sincere apologies for the delay over the weekend.

Could I kindly ask if you would perhaps be open to sending me a link to the map page so that I can take a closer look at what might be causing this issue and to assist you further with this?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Hello Dylan

This is the page :

http://alarencontredelhorizon.fr/category/ma-route/

I have been able to have the map displayed on the window : now it fits. This is solved.

There is another point I would like to solve : is it possible to link one post with one marker with the application ?

Many thanks for ypur help.

Cécile

Hi Cécile,

Thank you for the response and I am glad to hear that is resolved. So just to confirm, are the issues previously mentioned resolved now?

Regarding the ability to link a post with a marker, I would just like to ask if you could slightly elaborate on how you would like to use it. Do you mean that you would like to link to a post from your marker or that you would like to display the contents of that post in the linked marker?
    It is possible to link to a post from a marker by entering the link in the ‘Link’ field when creating a marker.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Hello Dylan,

Thanks for your answer.

We misunderstood : the map is not displayed on the page : http://alarencontredelhorizon.fr/category/ma-route/

I would like to display markers on the map and to be able to open a post from the marker. I would like the marker to mention how many post are related to this place and display the list of them. I hope that this is more clear …

Many thanks for your help in these 2 remaining questions

Cécile

Hi again,

This example should explain better than me what I am looking for

Carte du monde

Thanks Dylan

Hi Cécile,

Thanks for the response and the information.

You previously mentioned that the map is not displayed on the page, however, it seems to be displayed on my side in the footer as shown in the attached screenshot. Just to confirm, are you seeing the map in the footer or are you referencing a different map on the page (if you added more than one map to the page)? Sorry for the misunderstanding on my side.

Regarding the ability to display related posts in a marker, this is not possible at the moment, however it is possible to add shortcodes to the markers and the following plugin allows you to add shortcodes to display links for certain posts based on the attributes: https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-posts-shortcode/

It would then be possible to categorize the posts for different markers and then use the ‘display_posts’ shortcode to display posts within that category.

Please let me know if this helps and if you are able to add this correctly.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Many thanks for your answer. I would like to reference the same map on the page Ma Route (under “Ma Route”). As you can see in the files enclosed, I can’t see the map on the page Ma route while I can see it when I ask for a preview … I can also have it displayed in the footer. But not in the middle of the page (Ma Route). Sorry if I am not clear …

Many thanks for your help.

Cécile

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.