Geocode was not successful for the following reason: fail

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Geocode was not successful for the following reason: fail

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sawmri

New user, really sorry I paid for the Pro version.

I am struggling with the most basic elements of this plugin. Yes, I have checked all my APIs are enabled. Yes, I have used Google Maps before.

No, this just isn’t working. I tried to enter a new marker. I enter a street address that is current:

If I get a suggested Google address under the address box, I click on it. When I try to ‘Add Marker,’ I get the error message above.

If I get a suggested Google address under the address box, but instead I down-arrow until the pin in that address turns red, then hit return, the page refreshes, and all entered data is cleared.

If I right-click on the map, I can get a new pin. I then have to laboriously move it around, zoom the map, work on navigating the streets until I find the address. This address is then saved as coordinates, but not as a street address.

I have searched this forum for solutions, none of which work.

Also, it seems like a small thing, but I cannot save a map icon. So each time I try to create a new marker, I have to search the library, and then try to duplicate the color. It wastes my time, and it doesn’t look consistent or professional.

sawmri

And if I go find the geocoordinates myself, then the popup shows these, rather than a street address. Huge waste of time. And useless output.

sawmri

I have deactivated and deleted both plugins, but that is failing, too. When I reinstall, my API key and other data are still present.

So I cannot even get the plugins to uninstall correctly.

sawmri

Hours later, still struggling. Set up an entirely new project in Google Cloud, new API key, new http and IP restrictions, new everything. Same damned error.

From the help page linked above, it states:

This may appear as Geocode failed for the following reason: fail in older versions of the plugin / Pro add-on.

So was I sent an outdated and failed plugin?

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the plugin.

Could you please link us to your map page so we can run some tests and get a more meaningful error message?

I appreciate you’ve used Google maps before, so if you’re sure your setup is correct may I please ask you to check you have definitely used the same key in Maps -> Settings -> Advanced, and can I also ask you to try “Prevent theme and other plugins loading the Maps API” in Maps -> Settings -> General?

It may be the case that there is other software running on your site that is enqueuing the Maps API with a different key.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

sawmri

Thank you, Perry. I had to regenerate the API key a few times, then let it sit overnight, and fortunately this morning it magically worked. I will start creating my maps; thank you for the help.

Perry

Hi there

I’m glad to hear it!

Before we close this ticket, may I ask how you found out about our plugin?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.