GDPR Text?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  poolec 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

poolec

Hi,

It’s good to see GDPR being built into the product.

However, is it possible to make the text for the GDPR consent box editable as what is written isn’t applicable to my project – for example we won’t keep the data indefinitely and most our users won’t know what an API is so it needs to be more plainly written so it can be understood – one of the key points of GDPR.

It should also be possible to set the text individually for each map as the usage might be different.

Thanks,

Chris Poole
    EBTS UK

Box Moth & Caterpillar Tracker

Perry

Hi Chris

Nice to hear from you again, I hope this finds you well 🙂

You would need to edit the plugins core files in order to do this. If it’s urgent that you get this text changed, please open /wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/includes/class.gdpr-compliance.php and edit the message there. I’ve added the filter "wpgmza_gdpr_notice" so you can customise this programatically, and will be making that text area editable in the next few days.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the wording then I would be very interested to hear them 🙂

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

poolec

Hi Perry,

Things are going well with our map – it’s live on our site and visitors are adding markers at a rate of 2 or 3 a day which isn’t too bad.

I’ll wait for the updated version with the edit facility built in as it isn’t urgent – the data we are collecting isn’t specific and identifiable so I believe we are OK from a GDPR point of view.

Bigger problem is that on my test site the latest update seems to have broken the map and whenever I try to save a page update I get a blank screen. I’ll raise a separate item for this though.

All the best,

Chris

Perry

Hi Chris

Don’t worry about raising a separate item if you didn’t already – I’m the Lead Developer on this project so I imagine you’ll be put through to me anyway.

If you did then I’ll speak to you briefly as I get around to answering that ticket,

If not can you please provide login details to the site so I can try this out and see what’s going wrong?

Kind regards
    – Perry

poolec
    This reply has been marked as private.

Perry

Hi Chris

I believe this will have been solved in our latest update, please update to Pro 7.10.06 and let me know if that solves the problem?

Kind regards
    – Perry

poolec

Hi Nick,

Half working, I can now save pages that include WPGMap shortcodes, but the map still isn’t showing on the page – any suggestions?

Details in previous private message.

Thanks,

Chris

Perry

Hi Chris

Can you please try updating to 7.10.10 / Pro 7.10.07 if that site isn’t up to date as we’ve solved multiple issues there.

Failing that could you please re-instate an FTP account for me so I can check your debug log?

Kind regards
    – Perry

poolec
    This reply has been marked as private.

Perry

Hi Chris

I’m very sorry I haven’t got around to addressing this today, I had other bugs to attend to.

This has been commonly reported, I will fix and patch this tomorrow morning and get back to you,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to use your server to solve this, I genuinely appreciate it!

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Chris

Just to update you, I’m working on this issue now, please bear with me.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Chris

I’ve fixed that issue on your site and I’ve patched this in to our code, so this won’t come up again.

Thank you very much for that!

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

poolec

Hi Perry,

Thanks for working on this, unfortunately whatever you have done has introduced other issues, on the Dashboard page this error message is now showing…

Deprecated: Non-static method AAMRG_Options::add_menu_page() should not be called statically in /homepages/26/d454827627/htdocs/dev07/wp-content/plugins/autoAlbums/index.php on line 584

…it wasn’t before. Also the Woocommerce Status box formatting has gone wrong large gaps between the items, again it wasn’t like this before and I haven’t done any updates since you did the work on the site. Can you take a look and see what is wrong please?

Thanks

Chris

Perry

Hi Chris

I beg your pardon, I left debugging mode on. I’ve turned that off, so those plugins should now function as normal.

Please check again and let me know?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.