Forward to another page after VGM marker is added

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers General queries Forward to another page after VGM marker is added

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    siriusweb

Is it possible to forward to another PHP file after a marker is added by the end user? The goal is to update another database table and run some calculations based on longitude and latitude within another PHP file. I tried many different ways, but can’t get around the redirect back to the main web site. If this can be done in a pop-up window or even open another window would be great.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your time, we really appreciate it.

Our latest update of the Visitor Generated Markers add-on allows you to separate the Visitor Generated Markers form from the map using a shortcode. This allows you to add some additional shortcode attributes which include a redirect_to attribute.

To make use of this functionality, please follow the steps below:
    1. Open the map in the map editor
    2. Disable the Visitor Generated Markers Form from within the map settings
    3. Below your wpgmza shortcode enter the following shortcode as well:

[ wpgmza_vgm_form link_to_map="1" redirect_to="/thank_you" ]

Where the ‘link_to_map attribute will share the map ID you are trying to target.

I hope this helps?

siriusweb

Well this is not quite what I meant, maybe I explained it wrong. We want the end user to be able to add a marker. However after clicking the Add Marker link it currently refreshes and forwards back to the same page. What we want is upon submit instead of forwarding back to the same page where the map is embedded, it should trigger another PHP file that checks the boundary (longitude and latitude) coordinates and possibly show a pop-up window or open a new window that provides one of the 2 messages “Yes you live in District 2” or “No you do not live in District 2”.

Dylan

Hi there,

Unfortunately that is not possible at the moment, however we will definitely look into this in the future.

Thank you for your time, and my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.