flexible initial map center location

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries flexible initial map center location

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nicodergrieche
    Participant

Hi

I have this problem:
    For my guests I have made a map of POIs of the area I’m a host at.
    When a guest of mine opens the link to this map he/she might be within the area or he/she might be very far away.

In first case I would like the map to open with him/her position in the center

In the second case I would like the map to open with the center of the area being in the center

Is there a way to achive this?

Best regards

Nico

Steven

Hi Nico,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Could I kindly ask you to perhaps clarify slightly?

If I understood correctly, do you mean to have 1 “Initial map” that the website visitor will first see, which would display their exact location?

If so, might I suggest setting up this “Initial map” with the “Show User Location” and “Pan to User Location” via the the Advanced tab in the map editor.

You can then set this map up on your “Main” page along with all your markers. Once complete, you can then duplicate or create a new map with these same markers and this to a second website page.

Then using your markers “Link” fields, you could perhaps when clicking on the link for that marker, redirect the visitor to that webpage with the additional map, however, for this map, not have the “Show user location” and “Pan to user location” settings enabled.

Kindly let me know if this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

nicodergrieche
    Participant

Hi Steven

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

As a matter of fact the solution with two maps would not do.
    You can see my map on http://www.ktr.gr/poi

The aim is that I sent the link to this map, with the confirmation email for a booking that a future guest has made on one of my short time rentals.
    Maybe the guest would like to explore the pois a bit while still at home, which can be wherever.
    For this use case I would need to open the map on the area where the pois are and disable the “Pan to user location”.

On the other hand when the guest has arrived, and lets say would like to go out for dinner, opening the same map, should actually ‘show user location’ and ‘Pan to it’ so the guest could see which Restaurants are closer ……

I think that if I don’t find any other solution, I would need to disable ‘Pan to user location’ as default. In that case it would be nice if the guest could somehow manually pan the map to the location he/she stands …. do you have any idea how to do this?

Best regards

Nico

Steven

Hi Nico,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, there is no way by default to achieve this manually, however, I could perhaps look into some custom script to do so.

This would, however, be a customization request so if you are indeed interested, kindly get in touch with us via the following link and kindly address the email to me.

I can then kindly discuss my thought and perhaps workout a cost for this customization.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

nicodergrieche
    Participant

Thank you for the quick clarification Steven.

I will first try the simple version (just to open the map at the center of my area) and see how this works. I will come back for a customization if it turns out, that it is important enough.

Best regards

Nico

Steven

Hi Nico,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Not a problem at all, do have a fantastic weekend ahead!

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.