Filter Markers By User

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Filter Markers By User

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ho

hi!

Is there any possibility to filter markers individually based on the logged in user. We’d even be fine if we could just specify individual “data sources” based on the user when calling the map shortcode, like:
    User MaMu -> data source contains attribute filed “user” with “MaMu” -> only those are displayed
    – or –
    User MaMu -> shortcode for map uses specific data source file MaMu.csv

Main idea is that logged in users see more markers than visitors and other markers than other users.

– – –

We’ve noticed in the docs that datasources have to be public available? Can we place the data sources using some kind of protection (like within the server’s filesystem or only accessible thru a protected link)?

regards – hans

Perry

Hi Hans

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is no mechanism to support this at the moment, you would have to develop a custom solution of some kind,

We’re looking at building custom data sources into our upcoming release, it won’t directly support this but if it’s not imperative that you have this functionality immediately then this release would make the customisation considerably easier.

Sorry I can’t be more forthcoming there,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Hans

We don’t have a concrete date at the moment but I imagine within the next month judging by how well things are going here!

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Perry

Hi Hans

That would probably be for the best!

If you’d be kind enough to leave a quick review at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/ me and the team would be very grateful 🙂

If you do need anything else in the mean time please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.