External Markers Import

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries External Markers Import

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EarlGrey 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

EarlGrey

Hi,

after I did not find a clear answer to this topic in the forum or the documentation, I simply ask the question again.

Is there a way to import markers without using the importer under the advanced tab?

I’m currently working on a private use app similar to your Real-Time Location Tracking app.
    At the moment I’m creating a JSON file in the app that will be saved to a server. I then specify this location for a scheduled import via your plugin. But I want this import to be done immediately and the marker to be visible in the app.

I would be very grateful if you could give me a suggestion how to do this.

Kind Regards,
    Earl

AbelC

Hi Earl,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, markers can only be imported under the advanced settings tab.

However, we recommend you to use a 3rd party cron manager plugin to define your own intervals when using our scheduled importer.

You can then set this intervals to 5s and an import will run every time your refresh the page.

We recommend WP Crontrol – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-crontrol/.

Another alternative would be to work on the DataBase directly, however, this could become complex.

I hope this helps clarify, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

EarlGrey

Hi Abel,

Thanks for the quick reply and the suggestion!

I have seen that you are working on a REST API. When can you expect that POST requests will be supported? I just ask out of curiosity.

Greetings,
    Earl

AbelC

Hi Earl,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Am I correct if I say that you would like to know if we support the default AJAX requests?

If so, we do support AJAX requests, however, this is only used as a fallback for REST API requests.

This means that if a security plugin blocks the REST API requests, the default AJAX requests is being used.

I hope this helps clarify.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

EarlGrey

Hi Abel,

I’m sorry. I think I didn’t make myself clear enough. But it doesn’t matter.

Thanks to your suggestion I found a way to insert the markers myself via the database and tested it successfully. Now I can create my own function and API endpoint to import the markers from my app 🙂

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day!

Greetings,
    Earl

AbelC

Hi Earl,

That is great to hear and my sincere apologies for the confusion on my behalf.

It is only a pleasure and please do let me know if there is ever anything else that we can assist you with.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.