Error message when adding map marker

New home Forums Pro Add-on Error message when adding map marker

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marshy
    Participant

Hi

I have just bought the Pro version and set up my first map.

Tried adding the first marker and get the following error message:

“Geocode was not successful for the following reason: ZERO_RESULTS”

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul
    Thanks for purchasing the plugin.
    What was the address you tried to add? This normally happens when the Google Maps API doesnt have that specific address and therefore cannot geocode it.

Kind regards,

Nick

Marshy
    Participant

Hi Nick

Thanks for the swift response.

Does that mean I have to use sites that Google recognises? I need to plot a number of rural locations that aren’t always obvious and sometimes miles from anywhere. And give them custom names/titles. Is this possible?

Thanks

Paul

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul

What you could do is set the address as close as you can and then edit the marker location using the “edit location” link in the marker list and simply drag it to the rural location.

The next release will include space to insert a title for a marker which will make more sense instead of showing just the address of the GPS location as the title of the marker.

Kind regards,

Nick

Marshy
    Participant

Hi Nick

Many thanks for the excellent support.

Any idea of when we can expect a ‘custom title’ ability?

Best wishes

Paul

jellisontech
    Participant

Hi, Nick,

I just bought the PRO add-on and also need the Title for the marker as well. When will this be released? I need this for a client site and didn’t realize it wasn’t included in the PRO add-on.

Also, when editing the location and setting the custom location, if you re-edit the marker (to add a picture or URL), the custom location is reset. Is this normal? Is there a way to save the custom location so this doesn’t happen? I have a lot of markers I will be adding and many will need to be updated over time. I really don’t want to redo the location each time.

Also, is there a way to add an option for the LINK URL to open in a new window. Perhaps a check box for that marker? I wouldn’t need all markers to open in a new window but a few. Is that something that is in the GOLD add-on?

Thanks, Brandy

ziekel23
    Participant

A quick fix for the title is to set up your marker then go into the the wp-google-maps folder in wordpress plugin folder and edit the address in the markers.xml. This will change the address on the live map but you have to edit it every time you make changes to your marker.

Being able to put in anything in for the address would be a nice feature. I needed the map for the location of a digital billboard so an address was not feasible.

Beside that everything worked great …10 bucks well spent.

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Thank you Ziekel for the quick fix solution! Another quick fix solution would be to export all your markers to a CSV file, edit the “address” field in Excel to whatever you want and upload the CSV file.

I will work on a proper fix for this during the week.

Kind regards,

Nick

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Error message when adding map marker’ is closed to new replies.