Error in Pro

New home Forums Pro Add-on Error in Pro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    verdipro

But when I am in the admin & a page is loading in the top left it will have a blank white screen & say: string(0) “” string(0) “”

And if I try to update a plugin, it works. But when I update a 2nd plugin (doesn’t matter which) I get another error such as:
    Update failed: string(0) “” string(0) “” {“success”:true,”data”:{“update”:”plugin”,”slug”:”the-events-calendar”,”oldVersion”:”Version 5.2.0″,”newVersion”:”Version 5.2.1″,”plugin”:”the-events-calendar\/the-events-calendar.php”,”pluginName”:”The Events Calendar”}}

I enabled debugging, setup a development site, and deactivated all plugins. I started to reactivate them 1 by 1 & I believe the issue is with the Pro plugin.

Debugging showed: string(0) “”
    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-pro/legacy-core.php:5029) in /wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 9

I went back to my live site, deactivated my 4 WPG Maps plugins (core, pro, gold, visitor generated markers), I had no such issues & updated all my plugins and them without issue. Can this error be looked into? Thank you!

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention.

Could I ask you to confirm your Pro add-on version, which can be found under the Plugins area, by scrolling down to the ‘WP Google Maps Pro add-on’ plugin row.

We are looking into this on our side in the meantime with the intention of resolving this in an upcoming update.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

verdipro

Pro is 8.0.34

When I click the plugins page to load it a blank white screen appears with this in the top left: string(0) “” string(0) “”

& then eventually the page loads.

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am eager to get to the bottom of this and patch it in our next update.

Unfortunately, our team is having a bit of trouble replicating this on our side. Could I ask you to confirm your email address in a ‘Private Reply’ so that we can discuss a few additional debugging steps?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

ongaku99

Hi Dylan, Just to let you know I’ve also been experiencing the same string(0) “” string(0) “” issue. In my case for a few months and appreciate verdipro being able to identify it was the Pro add-on. Sometimes it displays string(0) “” and other times string(0) “” string(0) “” and usually shows the same Update failed: message even after updating the first plugin (though after refreshing the plugin page it shows the plugin(s) did update after all). Currently using Version 8.0.34. Thanks

verdipro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    verdipro

@ongaku99 thanks for mentioning this. If you disable your map plugins, does the issue go away? I wonder if we are running any similar plugins besides this one, but I doubt its safe to post an output of all of them here. Would be curious to know on the theme as well, although I don’t think its the theme at all, I have the same theme installed on 15+ other sites, and none of those are experiencing this issue.

Dylan

Hi @verdipro and @ongaku99,

I’d like to thank you both for your time on this, we do appreciate it tremendously.

We do believe this is a bug within our core code and our team is working on a solution. We do not believe the error is due to a specific combination of plugins at this stage, or that it is based on a theme or theme developer.

It appears to originate in the code which checks for updates on our remote servers for the Pro add-on and this is where we are currently looking into the matter further.

@verdipro, I have reached out to you directly to discuss a potential next step in debugging the issue, which would help us tremendously. I look forward to hearing back from you.

We are eager to get this resolved as soon as possible as we do believe this is influencing quite a few users, although edge-case, we do realize this can be quite frustrating.

Thank you for your time. 🙂

verdipro

@Dylan, I just replied to your email. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Thank you for taking the time to review this & being upfront about the potential issue.

Dylan

Hi @verdipro,

Thank you for your reply, I can confirm that I did receive this on my side and I will be responding as soon as possible.

I just wanted to reply here as well to confirm that I am working on this as we speak.

🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.