Error: Activation plugin (WP Google Maps)

New home Forums Pro Add-on Error: Activation plugin (WP Google Maps)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mrFREUD 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

mrFREUD

After an update I have error 500, I must deactiwated all plugins and than activated in wp-admin.

WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on can actiwated but at the activation

WP Google Maps get this error:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/…/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/wpGoogleMaps.php on line 2178

Can you help me?

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on this matter.

Can you please tell me what version numbers of the plugin you are using on your site at the moment?

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error after the update? Are you trying to upload the plugin through a ZIP file or is this in the normal WordPress plugin update link?

Thank you for your time in this matter.

mrFREUD

WP Google Maps: V 7.0.04

WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on: v 5.73

SupportTeam

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me on this matter.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error? Can you please try to remove the Pro plugin completely from your site and then upload the ZIP file through your uploads method to see if this helps at all?

If not, could you please send me the ZIP file from your site (ie what you used to upload the Pro plugin with) in a private response so that I can tr to upload it on my side and see if I replicate the issue at all?

mrFREUD
    This reply has been marked as private.

SupportTeam

mrFREUD

SupportTeam

PatSimons

I’ve uploaded basic free version for first time. I installed into WP and hit activate button and get following parse error …/wpGoogleMaps.php Line 590

I checked Line 590 and see the following:

$wpgmza_google_maps_api_loader = new WPGMZA\GoogleMapsAPILoader();

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on this matter.

Can you please try to load the plugin directly from WordPress (ie Plugins->Add New->WP Google Maps and then install and activate it from WordPress) rather than download and upload the plugin with the ZIP file?

Can you let me know if this helps at all?

PatSimons

Still didn’t work – but I checked to see and found I had older version of PHP. After updating to 7.0 and reinstalling – it activated just fine. Thanks for your help.

SupportTeam

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me on this and thank you for letting me know, it is very useful information that will hopefully help others in a similar issue with the plugin.

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post – it would mean the world to me! (If possible, could I ask you to mention both your name and mine in the review for administrative purposes, this would be a tremendous help!)

I hope you have a great day further and I wish you the very best 🙂

mrFREUD

SupportTeam

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me on this matter.

It seems that there is a site password checker on the page stopping me from getting into the admin area.

I have marked this forum as closed, but I have opened a new ticket and I will be getting back to you on it as soon as possible.

mrFREUD
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.