entire world map please?

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries entire world map please?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    abundantcontent

hi! i swear i searched but didn’t get a result in the forums.

our intent with this plugin is to have a whole world map – we have practitioners all over the world, and we want web users to be able to hit up our practitioners page, click a region anywhere in the world and find the practitioner near them.

i’ve set up all the markers and such, but unfortunately i can only show a chunk of the world at a time.

ideally, i want to see the entire world, like this: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1hjs3mIoZBblBP_CvxiP4w38STiY&hl=en_US&ll=22.269399510291425%2C33.86604199999999&z=2

i also made my way to this, but of course, it’s over my head, lol – https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9893680/google-maps-api-v3-show-the-whole-world

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Could you share the URL to your site so I’ll take a look at it?
    You can try to change the “Zoom Level” inside your map. When you set up this settings to 0 it should show up all world.

Thank you for your time in this.

Best regards,
    Jarek

abundantcontent

hi there – the page is a HUGE mess at the moment, so disregard all but the map itself…

i kept trying to set it to zero but every time i’d save my map it would automatically bounce back to where it was.

help!

abundantcontent

oops – URL, lol:

http://www.dolphinstartemple.org/practitioners-new/

ideally what i want here is JUST the map with markers on it – they click the marker, and it takes them to an html anchor where a list of everyone in denmark is, for example.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

I cannot find any map on this page I’m afraid. May I ask you to send me a temporary login details to your WordPress admin dashboard so I can login and look further into this for you?

Kind regards

abundantcontent
    This reply has been marked as private.
    abundantcontent

Jarek I’ve figured it all out myself!

Embarrassingly enough, it turns out I had to also adjust the HEIGHT of the map in order to show all countries.

I just have one more question – how can i turn off “info-windows” entirely on this particular map? If you look at my map now (page is live, no need to log in) – you’ll see what I am trying to do.

Practitioners – MAP TEST PAGE

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by abundantcontent.
    SupportTeam

I’m glad to hear that it’s working 🙂

I had a look at your site and clicked on one of the marker. It scrolled down but info window didn’t open. Is that what you need?

Best

abundantcontent

i’m getting an info window with all markers – it’s very small, but it opens at the top right.

SupportTeam
    abundantcontent

hi – not sure why it wasn’t showing without login before, but it appears to work now: http://www.dolphinstartemple.org/practitioners-new/

there is a small, transparent pop-up window that appears in the upper right when you click a marker. for this particular map i’d like to get rid of it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    abundantcontent

i also found this – is this still what i need to do to make infowindows not appear?

Disable InfoWindows Completely

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Please add this css to Maps → Settings → Advanced → Custom CSS:

.wpgmza_modern_infowindow_inner {
        display: none !important;
    }

Please let me know if that works.

Best

abundantcontent

that worked, thank you! perfect.

thanks so much!

SupportTeam
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.