Dynamic content

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Dynamic content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    douglasraye

I have a client wanting to add dynamic content to the maps themselves. The basic idea is to have service areas for different Physicians. Not only will the map show the service areas but will also list the doctors/nurses/staff that are associated with that location. It will also show any positions available for that particular location. He is looking for this to be able to be updated dynamically.

My basic idea was to pull in the content from his outside database using the REST API into a post and then display the post in the maps marker popup. My question is, can the marker content be pulled or display content from a post with a specific category?

Perry

Hi Douglas

Thanks for getting in touch!

You could use the classes in wp-google-maps-pro_export_import.class.php and pass your data in the format used by our CSV importer,

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

douglasraye

I’m not sure if that would work. I would have to dig into the code to see what I would need to do to make sure it imports automatically without having to manually import a CSV.

I am assuming the map marker pop-up editor uses a custom post type. If this is the case I should be able to hook into the custom post type with the API. The only issue I may have is controlling the specific data if I can not add a category to the posts, but I may be able to find a way around that.

Is the pop-up editor using a custom post type?

Perry

Hi Douglas

If you mean the infowindow contents, that uses the description field on the wp_wpgmza table, not the wp_posts table.

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.