Disabling the Radius Search Circle, Need Just The Pin

New home Forums Basic Version General queries Disabling the Radius Search Circle, Need Just The Pin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jbork

I’ve been able to change the default search radius in the wpGoogleMaps.php file all the way down to 1 mile, but I’m looking to disable the radius altogether. We have a delivery zone mapped out using a polygon and the idea would be that if they search their address they would find out if their location pin falls inside the polygon.

Here’s an example, I’m testing to see if your service will work for us here: Marcello’s Pizza Delivery Cassopolis, Michigan

Thanks in Advance,
    Jay

Perry

Hi Jbork,

I suggest keeping the functionality the same and picking an appropriate radius, but hiding the circle

We can do that with some custom code,

Firstly I would like you to search in wp-google-maps.js for any lines that say new google.maps.Circle, I make this lines 202 and 345. Please comment these lines out.

Would that work for you?

Thank you

kdragone

I am looking to make this exact same edit and attempted your suggestion. The Big Red Radius Circle still appears.

Perry

Hi Kdragone,

Apologies for the slow reply, can you please direct me to your site so I can firstly check that you’ve made the changes correctly?

Thank you

maikworld

I just want the same thing. The changes in wp-google-maps.js doesn’t work.
    How can I remove the red circle in the map?

Perry

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Have you tried setting the circles opacity to 0 in the store locator settings?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.