Disable the Ctrl + Scroll to Zoom

New home Forums Basic Version Disable the Ctrl + Scroll to Zoom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bluebit

I want it to be greedy gesture, what’s the code? I have a code snippets plugin to add php code and a css plugin.

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi there
    Thank you for getting in touch and for using my plugin.

There is already a setting for this in the Maps -> Settings page (at the bottom). Please see this screenshot: https://pasteboard.co/GScHZ8u.png

Does this help?

Kind regards
    Nick

bluebit

No, i disable that but that is only for mobile, I want to have greedy gesture for all devices.

I do not know how to implement this code into WordPress https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45729047/disable-the-ctrl-scroll-to-zoom-google-maps

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by bluebit.
    Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi
    Are you looking to set the greedy gesture to ‘cooperative’ mode? Please see https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/interaction and let me know if this is what you are after.

Kind regards
    Nick

bluebit

Yes greedy gesture, i do not want cooperative, i want to have the mouse wheel scroll the map on Desktop computers, how do I add the code? I’m no dev, all i got is a custom css plugin and a custom php snippet plugin for wordpress, I’d like to add the code in there.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by bluebit.
    Dylan

Hi there,

Dylan here from the team.

Please note we do actually handle the gestureHandling option in the settings area.

Please navigate to Maps -> Settings -> (Under the Maps tab) Find the following option ‘Disable Two-Finger Pan’ -> and ensure it is enabled, this will force greedy mode.

I hope this helps?

bluebit

I did this but its only for mobile and i want it for desktop as well, can the plugin be updated to add to desktop this option.

This is what it says: Removes the need to use two fingers to move the map on mobile devices

Dylan

Hi there,

So sorry for the delay in response. I did not receive a notification on this thread on my side.

Although the option is labelled as ‘mobile’ it does apply to both desktop and mobile interfaces.

It is however possible that you are not using a sufficient Google Maps API library version, and therefore this is not supported.

Please confirm what version of the API you are using? This can be found under Maps -> Settings -> Primary tab (Labelled Maps) -> Use Google Maps API – Where the version is stipulated in a dropdown box.

I would definitely recommend switching to the highest (or even experimental) version of the API for testing.

I hope this helps? 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.