Deleting Markers

New home Forums Feature Requests Deleting Markers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AlanNewPlymouth
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a map with over 2000 markers on it. There doesn’t appear to be an easy way to go to a particular marker and delete it. I can pick a marker to edit but this option doesn’t include the ability to delete. If the marker ID was available on the marker edit screen that would be helpfull. 200 of my markers are identical other than the GPS location. Not having a cross reference between the screens makes life very difficult.

glen

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am so sorry you are experiencing some difficulty deleting markers. I think I understand the constraint you are experiencing, I’ve been accustomed to all my markers having a unique title, description, address or other distinguishing feature, I note the difficulty you might experience without this.

In this case, the easiest way to identify a marker from the preview map in the editor would be to click on the marker to open the (preview) infowindow, right click on that infowindow and select inspect. This should open the Elements tab of the browser developer tools. Please expand the highlighted DIV, which will reveal the Marker ID for that marker.

I will raise this use case at the next team meeting to see if there is any opportunity to include Marker ID on the marker previews or include a delete option from within the edit page.

Kind Regards
    Glen

--------
    WP Go Maps Support Staff

AlanNewPlymouth
    Participant

Thanks for the solution. That does work, however it would still be a lot easier to be able to pick a marker and delete it.
    I am probably using your software differently to most people. You can check out what I am doing on the following links.

Trees in Pukekura Park

Pukekura Park Map

All the tracks in the park were recorded on Locus map and dowloaded as csv files then manipulated to fit. The different areas and buildings are polygons. The biggest problem is the accuracy of GPS in the park, generally 4 – 10 metres . I had to strip away all the info from google maps apart from the streets around the park.

glen

Hi There

I am so glad that’s helped,

Your feature request has been noted, and will be run through our internal processes.

All the best!

Kindest Regards,
    Glen

--------
    WP Go Maps Support Staff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.