Tagged: additional fields
- This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months, 4 weeks ago by AbelC.
August 28, 2017 at 5:15 pm #29900BandareMember
On the information page for the Visitor Generated Markers, you list 5 fields that a visitor can add to a particular map. I would like to know, can I add additional fields or choose what fields are compulsory?August 28, 2017 at 7:22 pm #29905
Thank you so much for getting in touch with us!
Unfortunately, adding custom fields is not possible at the moment. The plugin does allow you to change which fields to show but doesn’t allow you to choose which fields are compulsory.
I am sorry for the inconvenience,
Please let me know if this answers your questions.
Thanks for your time.
DylanAugust 29, 2017 at 2:14 pm #29938BandareMember
It does answer the question and thanks. Very sad as I really like the plugin. However, I don’t think I can use the plugin without being able to create and edit my own fields…. Very sad…. Still, a great plugin for many.September 4, 2017 at 7:49 pm #30139
My apologies for the delay in response as I did not receive a notice of your response.
I am sorry that the plugin does not meet your needs at the moment, but I should mention that we are working on adding this feature in a future release.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.
DylanSeptember 4, 2017 at 8:36 pm #30140BandareMember
thank you Dylan. It’s a really awesome plugin. 🙂September 4, 2017 at 8:38 pm #30141
Your kind words are truly appreciated.
DylanMarch 3, 2020 at 4:19 am #58153andrespradoParticipant
Are there some news about custom fields? I’m in strong need for this features…
AndréMarch 3, 2020 at 8:20 am #58158AbelCModerator
Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.
Yes, the custom fields created will now display in your VGM form.
You can create custom fields with the Pro add-on by navigating to Maps -> Custom Fields.
I hope this helps clarify and I look forward to hearing back from you.
AbelMarch 3, 2020 at 2:31 pm #58165andrespradoParticipant
Bravo!That’s a very good news!
I found the Custom Fields Demo page (https://www.wpgmaps.com/custom-fields-demo/), so now I have some specific doubts.
Let me give an example. I wanna create a field called Service Type, whose values would be Health, Assistance or Food.
1) Is it possible to create a combo box or other similar selectable control?
2) Is it possible to use this field as filters?
3) Is it possible to allow visitors to create markers with these custom fields?
Thank youMarch 3, 2020 at 4:13 pm #58166AbelCModerator
Thank you for getting back to me.
Please find my response below:
1. Yes, you can set the filter type to dropdown filter for the “Service Type” custom field. However, you will then have to set the value to Health, Assistance or Food in the “Service Type” field when creating or editing a marker.
2. You can enable Custom Field filtering by navigating to Maps -> Edit -> Marker Filtering -> Please enable “Service Type”.
3. Yes, this will now be displayed on the VGM form, however, this client will then be able to set a new value for Service Type.
I hope this helps clarify?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.