CSV Import corrupted

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting CSV Import corrupted

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Matthew.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StaffHerb

I attempted to load about 600 new markers onto my map and the data seems to have been corrupted. If you look at the input file (QBMapleProducers) you can see that each row has an address, title and GPS coordinates. After the import you can see that rows are missing addresses and titles. The coordinates all see to be there. This has left the maps with markers without titles, markers without addresses and then just blank markers. Any reason the data would get corrupted like that? I have about 500 more markers to import but I’m afraid those will get corrupted too so I’d like to understand why this import got corrupted but none of my others did. I’d also like to fix this data first.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    StaffHerb

I’ve been looking over the data and the fields that are missing all seem to contain foreign characters. Is there a limitation within the the DB to store these characters?

è
    ë
    é
    à
    ô

Matthew

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

I have taken a look at your CSV file that you have provided and added some default data to the file to ensure that the importer receives all the data that it needs, thus you may find your updated CSV file in the following Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rcf0pbnprmCCHMDj1JpkBQ1F0YKTZSU6/view?usp=sharing

I have run a test by importing the updated file and it appears that the markers import correctly as expected with all data set in the file.

With regards to the special characters, by default our tables allow and support most special characters such as these, thus please may you confirm if your ‘wpgmza’ database table is using a collation of utf8mb4_unicode_ci as this is our default collation?

If so, please may you attempt to import your markers once again using the updated CSV file mentioned above and confirm if this helps?

I look forward to your response.

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.