Creating maps based on category?

New home Forums Pro Add-on Creating maps based on category?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DaveM 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DaveM

Hello:

I am trying to create several maps based on categories that I have used to tagged markers on said maps. I don’t want users picking from a drop down & entering in their postal code & clicking submit… like the store locator. I am trying to use the example code given on the page linked below to segment out various categories using this code but can’t figure out what the short code would be. I have tried

to no avail. I have Pro & Gold version both running.

Marker categories

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

The category and/or logic options are available in Maps -> Settings -> Maps under the “Category Selection Logic” option. This will only set how the markers are shown based on what the users chooses for the categories they would like shown.

Are you trying to use one map with many categories, then just show the markers from one category on one page, and the same map but with markers from a different category on another page?

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

DaveM

Hello Trevor:

What I’m trying to do is have one map which has all my data in it. I have 6000+ data points and these are all tagged with categories. What I would like to have is 7 different pages using the same map but showing data points from unique category. So for example I would like one page to just show French restaurants. Then on another page German restaurants and so forth for each of the 7 categories. I was hoping that I could do this via a short code.

Also just noticed that the short code that I had in my initial post got rendered! :S

It should have been this

wpgmza id=”2″ Category=”1″

(in brackets of course)

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Sorry for the issue.

Please try using the cat=”1″ option in the shortcode, where 1 is the id of the category you’d like to show. You can find the category ids in Maps -> Categories.

You should also be able to show multiple categories by comma separating them in a list form, such as cat=”1,2,3″

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.