Coverage Map

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Coverage Map

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Moey
    Participant

Good day

I am looking at creating a coverage map that will link to available packages

I have kmz and xlsx files that I wish to import
    Are these file formats compatible?

Will polygons be created automatically from the imported data?

Can user location be auto detected?

I need to have an address search bar enabled on the map as well
    I need to display a custom pop up with a link if the address falls within the map
    I also need to display a different pop up if the address is not within the polygon

Thank You

Matthew

Hi Moey,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

We do support KML and CSV file imports, thus yes you should be able to import your files accordingly, however, please note that your files will need to follow a structure that our importer uses.

I would recommend using a CSV file for importing as you can more data to your polygons as you import them. Please see an example of our Polygon Import CSV file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfhsvcu7iLXQZsYT2EHX2OwBcS9Y14SC/view?usp=sharing

We do also have a user location feature that allows you to let the user’s location be detected automatically if the user accepts the browser location prompt, as well as be able to use it in the map search if needed.

With regards to search on the map, you are able to search for locations on the map, however, dynamically displaying a specific popup is not supported. Thus you would need to create polygons and place in their description if they are covered or not.

What we have seen with coverage maps, is that it is common to place polygons on the map of areas that are covered and then let the user search for their location. If the searched location is in a polygon then the user can see that their location is covered, however, if their searched location is not in a polygon, they can see that their location is not covered.

I hope this answers your question or not?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Moey
    Participant

Hi Mathew

Thank you for that
    Sounds good

One other question:
    I have managed to import the KMZ file into Google My Maps
    Can I embed the created map and use Go Maps Functionality?

Thank You

Matthew

Hi Moey,

Thank you for your response and time on this, I really appreciate it!

The WP Go Maps functionality is only available when creating/editing your maps in the WP Go Maps plugin on your WordPress site, thus the functionality would not be available in the Google My Maps interface.

However, you are able to import your CSV/KML file into WP Go Maps and then use the functionality into the plugin.

I hope this answers your question?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.