- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 5 months ago by Dylan.
January 13, 2017 at 12:36 pm #23277adambradfordMember
Wordpress keeps telling me to upgrade WPGMaps Pro, even when I have the latest version.
“You have version 6.10 installed. Update to 6.10”
This doesn’t make sense! Any ideas?January 16, 2017 at 7:52 am #23302DylanModerator
Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.
This should not be the case, however we do see this occur in some sites. We are not entirely sure why this occurs, however we are working on improving our update control system to work around this.
In the meantime though, I could walk you through the process of changing the version number in the code to remove this notice for the time being.
Would you be open to this?January 19, 2017 at 12:51 pm #23384adambradfordMember
Hi, yes that would great!
Thanks.January 19, 2017 at 2:34 pm #23387DylanModerator
No problem, my pleasure.
Please follow these steps to edit the version number:
1. Login to your WordPress admin area
2. Hover over the ‘Plugins’ menu item
3. Click on the sub menu item labelled ‘Editor’
4. This should open the code editor within WordPress
5. From the dropdown menu on the right select WP Google Maps Pro
6. Open the default PHP file (wp-google-maps-pro.php)
7. Find the following line:
$wpgmza_pro_version = "6.10";
8. Change this to the following instead:
$wpgmza_pro_version = "6.11";
9. Save the file
The update warning should be gone now.
I hope this helps? 🙂January 19, 2017 at 3:37 pm #23391adambradfordMember
Yes that fixed the problem, thanks!January 19, 2017 at 3:38 pm #23392DylanModerator
Only a pleasure, happy to help!
Have a great day! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.