conflict with theme

New home Forums Pro Add-on conflict with theme

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chris 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

chris

Hi Nick,

question 1… My site is showing 6.4.07 for the main plugin, and 5.73 for the pro addon. It looks like in the sidebar it is showing Pro as 6.13. When I fill out the email link, it is sending wp-google-maps-pro5.60.zip. Is there a way to get the 6.13 version?

2. My main question… I am using Themeco Pro theme, which has a front-end style builder. I’ve noticed when I have your plugin activated, it breaks the frontend builder and things don’t display properly. There is no conflict on the front end, the map works correctly and the theme looks correct (including rev sliders and the grid sliders). I plan on using this theme on future sites, and I want to keep using your maps plugin as its the best one out there. I’d like to figure out if this is a jquery issue? or something that we can possibly work around. I created a screen capture video to show you the issue: https://www.screencast.com/t/dAc8sn6o

here is the jquery error that is displaying in the console:
    Uncaught ReferenceError: revslider_showDoubleJqueryError is not defined
    at HTMLDocument.eval (eval at <anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2), <anonymous>:9:3)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Object.add [as done] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at a.fn.init.n.fn.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2), <anonymous>:7:15)
    at eval (<anonymous>)
    at jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
    at Function.globalEval (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Ha (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
    at a.fn.init.after (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
    Here is a link from Themepunch, who makes slider revolution: https://www.themepunch.com/faq/multiple-jquery-conflicts/ that suggest that a custom jquery library could be the problem. Does WP Maps use this instead of the default wordpress one?

question 3. I am attaching an image of an an error that flashes for a split second right before the map loads. Is there a reason it shows this even though jquery is definitely installed? The map loads fine after the flash. I explain this also in the video I made above.

Thanks for your help on this.
    Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SupportTeam

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

1. You are using very old WP Google Maps Pro version: 5.73. It might be some conflict between this old plugin version and WP Google Maps 6 basic release. I would highly recommend to renew your license to the latest 6 version. We’re working on v7 version at the moment.

This issue you are having might be caused by this WP Google Maps Pro version.

2. We try to keep up the best WordPress practices and we don’t include jQuery library.

3. The only way to remove this message is by commenting out this in plugin file.

Thank you for your time in this.

Best regards,
    Jarek

chris

Hi Jarek,

1. I wasn’t aware I needed to buy each major version release. I purchased an unlimited license, and installed 6.19 pro version that I got. Unfortunately, the errors are still there that I am seeing in the conflict with my theme. I am also working twit hthe theme developer to try and resolve this conflict. Is there any setting in the plugin to reduce javascript / jquery conflicts?
    2. this is good to know, I just wanted to make sure this wasn’t the issue.
    3. this issue with he flashing jquery message seemed to go away after I updated to the latest version of the Pro plugin, so this part can be disregarded.

SupportTeam

Hi Christopher,

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account on your site so I can login and look further into this error issue?

Kind regards

chris

Hi Jarek…

I was able to mitigate the javascript conflict with the 2 other plugins bundled with my theme…. on the Slider Revolution, selecting the option to load the javascript in the footer fixed that one, and on The Grid plugin, deselecting the option to lad the JavaScript libraries globally fixed that issue.

Thanks for the support, and the great plugin. You can close this one out.

SupportTeam

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your time. Great work.

Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing my plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/ – it would mean the world to me!

chris

i had 2 minutes to spare, I gave you a good review.

Thanks
    Chris

SupportTeam

Hi Christopher,

Thank you very much. We appreciate it.

Kind regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.