Common troubleshooting issues

New home Forums Basic Version Troubleshooting Common troubleshooting issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Please read the troubleshooting page before posting a new topic on this forum.

pswest

Getting this error message.
    “This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.”

How to fix?

How can I delete map and start another one?

SupportTeam

Hi there

The basic version doesn’t allow you to delete/create a map as this is only available in the Pro version.

Please send me a link to your map so that I can look further into this for you? The error you’re getting come’s from the Google Maps API, so I’m sure we can sort this out quite quickly for you πŸ™‚

abrazzale

I have the same problem in my website.
    The error message appear when I try to create a map.
    How can I fix it?
    Alberto

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Abrazzale
    Please put a link to your map on a response here so we can debug the issue.
    Please confirm that you have set up a Google Maps API key for your maps?

abrazzale

Hi Nick, the problem appear on the backend of the plugin.
    I have set up API correctly.
    Alberto

Victor

Hi, same mistake here. I’d been using WP Google Maps since a year ago and everything was fine, but a few months ago i had to change the API following a tutorial from here or wordpres.org, don’t remember where i took it. Everything was perfect till a new update arrived yesterday and everything go to hell.

My url is: http://sailinglivinglab.com/

And the mistake in google console is: js?v=3.26&key=AIzaSyCOthY5fbgESmkvFdzXoEGrFjbsU2whl-o&language=es_ES:34 Google Maps API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#referer-not-allowed-map-error
    Your site URL to be authorized: http://sailinglivinglab.com/es/_.kb @ js?v=3.26&key=AIzaSyCOthY5fbgESmkvFdzXoEGrFjbsU2whl-o&language=es_ES:34
    marker.js:28 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘fromLatLngToPoint’ of undefined

Thanks

kenwardc

Hi Folks

I am getting the same issue as Victor above. Using the Divi theme (Child theme) and have checked that the footer.php is good – it is. I’m pretty sure I created the Maps API correctly although I found the whole thing confusing so not 100% sure.

Page I’m creating is: http://tgis365.co.uk/contact-us

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers
    Chris

Dylan

Hi All,

Dylan here, I will do my best to reply to the posts above.

I believe the errors you are all receiving are related to Google Maps API setup. As some of you may know, the Google Maps API team have implemented the API key requirements to monitor usage and limit excessive use where necessary.

Unfortunately, setting up the API key correctly can be quite daunting at first. As such I would advise having a look at our detailed documentation here: Creating a Google Maps API Key – As this resolved most of the issues users have with getting the API key setup as required.

——————–

Hi Alberto,

Are your receiving any errors within your console log? Or perhaps an alert within the map editor which may help us debug this on our side?

It is possible that you may not have your referrers setup correctly, or alternatively you may need to ensure all the required API services are enabled within your API project.

For more information on the above mentioned points, please have a look at our documentation here: Creating a Google Maps API Key (Please also read my response to Victor below regarding the referrer setup)

I hope this helps?

——————–

Hi Victor,

The “RefererNotAllowedMapError” is usually seen when your referrers are not setup correctly.

It is therefore important to add both the following variations of your domain as referrers in your API project:
    – *.domain.com/*
    – *domain.com/*

(Where ‘domain.com’ will be replaced with your URL instead)

Adding both of the referrers mentioned above, should allow your domain access to the Google Maps API.

For a more detailed explanation on setting up the API key, please read our documentation here: Creating a Google Maps API Key

I hope this helps?

——————–

Hi Chris,

Our apologies for the issues you are experiencing. If you are seeing the same error on your side as reported by Victor, please have a look at my response regarding settings up referrers above.

Alternatively, if you are seeing a different error within your admin area, please let me know and I will do me best to resolve this for you as well.

Thank you so much for your time.

AboveSecond

Hi there,

I have same issues and trying to resolve this on a bunch of my websites… no luck.
    In the console I can see the API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError
    I have followed the Google instructions for creating the API, even created full IAM account with cc detials for cloud account, no luck. Tried renewing API, no luck. Whatever I do I can see a fraction of a second appear the map and immediately be replaced with the Javascript errormessage. Tried all versions (25…26…) no luck. Looked at the console if website was verified and that seemed ok as I get the green bird and OK messages but still I see… Your site URL to be authorized: …. and domain (which is verified in console).
    I have many websites to do but want 1 site to be OK so I can copy all to the rest.
    Can you help me please?? website: http://www.damespruiken.com

Andrew

Hi @abovesecond,

The issue with the RefererNotAllowedMapError means that your API key is being blocked since your URL is not ‘whitelisted’.

To fix this issue, please do the following:

1. Login to https://console.developers.google.com/
    2. Navigate to ‘Credentials’
    3. Select your API key which is giving the issue (Some users may have more than one)
    4. Under ‘Key Restriction’ select ‘HTTP referrers (websites)’
    5. Add the following domain with wildcards to your accepted referers

*.damespruiken.com/*
    *damespruiken.com/*

6. Save your settings

This should resolve your issue and may take up to 5 minutes to reflect and work correctly, I hope this helps πŸ™‚

Jonny

Hi,

I’m having the same error as above “This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.”

I have set up the API correctly and have set up the ‘Key Restriction’ with both:
    – *.domain.com/*
    – *domain.com/*

Please can you help me debug this?

Thanks,
    Jonny

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    cgriffin

Hi

I just installed the map, created and updated the plugin with my Google key and now i’m getting the following error. The map is being added through the map widget.

Error: The map ID () does not exist

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by cgriffin.
    Urban Curve

Hi
    I am in the process of creating a mutlisite. The first site is up and running with 2 maps. All is good!
    The second site (a duplication of the first) has been made with the domains pointed etc.
    I have altered the .htaccess file as per your sites instructions.
    However, I cant create a map. The shortcode at the start of the creation process is [wpgmza id=""]
    Whether I try to create a map then as marker neither save.
    I have changed the API code just in case there was a problem with using duplicate codes. I’ve searched through the forum but cant find an example of this happening.
    I’ve checked the version of Maps and the Pro version and they are both up to date.
    I would appreciate your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I also get:

β€œThis page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.”

I’ve the pro edition. On one site it is working well. But a second on I get the message above.

I did add add both the following variations of my domain as referrers in my API project:
    – waaksaam.image-360.nl (Works fine)
    – http://www.image-360.nl (Get the message from above)

What else is possible?

Thanks,

Guido

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.