Columns in Google sheets for pin data

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries Columns in Google sheets for pin data

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    svphywave
    Participant

I am currently loading map pin data via a URL link to google sheets. The spreadsheet format I’m using matches your example exactly. It works OK. My question: can I change the number of columns in google sheets; for example, add two columns at the beginning that are irrelevant to the map pin data? Also, are the column names important; i.e., “id”, “map_id” etc. or could these be any names like “column 1” , “column 2”, etc. as long as the position of the columns is the same. Do you use the column names to parse the data?

I’m trying to use an email parser to populate the google sheets data from emails and there are some limitations.

Thanks,
    Harry

Matthew

Hi Harry,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we do appreciate your time.

We would not recommend adding extra columns that are irrelevant as this may cause unexpected errors with the importer. This is due to the importer will not know what to do with those extra columns.

With regards to the column headers, yes they are important thus you do need to keep the headers as in our example CSV file as the Importer module specifically looks for those headers in order to import your markers with their data.

Should you like to add custom data to your markers, you may use the Custom Field feature in which you may add columns on the end with the headers of “Custom Field: Email Address” and the respective email in the column for each marker.

This will then create the “Email Address” custom field and import the email address into the marker.

I hope this answers your question?

Kindest Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.