click on list of markers at bottom of map gives zoomed in view. Map as well?

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries click on list of markers at bottom of map gives zoomed in view. Map as well?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

if you click on a marker in the list at the bottom of map it gives a zoomed in view on the map. Can this apply to the markers on the map as well?

TIA

Bill

Dylan

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Yes this could be applied to the markers on the map, however it would require a few code changes.

Are you comfortable with making code changes such as this one? I would then be able to guide you through the steps.

Alternatively, I could make these changes on your behalf if you prefer? 🙂

Thanks,

No I am happy ( and actually enjoy!) doing code changes. My concern is doing changes and updates are applied – losing whats been done. However lets have a go …

TIA

Bill

Dylan

Hi Bill,

Not a problem at all, please find the steps below:

1. Open the core.js file (wp-google-maps-pro/js/core.js) and look for the following segment of code:

if (click_from_list) {
       MYMAP[map_id].map.panTo(marker.position);
       MYMAP[map_id].map.setZoom(13);

click_from_list = false;

2. There will be more than on instance of the code above (the second instance will be relatively close to the first and should be easy to fine) – I would suggest looking at lines 2756 to 2779 Approx.
    3. Replace both instances with the following instead:

MYMAP[map_id].map.panTo(marker.position);

4. Save the file with the changes in place.

This should have the desired effect.

I hope this helps? Unfortunately updates will revert any changes applied to the code.

Excellent,

Just need to know how to zoom back out to the default zoom level. Am I missing something or should I stick a button somewhere to do this?

Thanks again

Bill

Dylan

Hi Bill,

To alter the zoom level to a different level you could use the following code:

Where 13 could be set to your preferred ‘reset’ zoom level.

However you will then most likely need to add a button to your site which triggers the code above.

I hope this helps?

I see… So if I wanted a ‘return’ button set in the info marker window to take me back to the original default map / zoom where would I code this up?

Bill

Dylan

Hi Bill,

I would recommend adding a simple link tag such as the one below: (Add this to your info-window)

<a href="#wpgmza_map_1" class="my_reset_button">Return</a>

With this is place you could add the following jQuery to your site:

jQuery('body').on('click', '.my_reset_button', function(){
      for(var entry in MYMAP) {
        if(typeof MYMAP[entry]["map"] === "undefined" || MYMAP[entry]["map"] === null){
         InitMap(wpgmaps_localize[entry]['id'],'all',false);
        }
      }
    });

This could be added to our core.js file (wp-google-maps-pro/js/core.js) below the following line:

jQuery(document).ready(function(){

I hope this helps?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.