Clearing out the markers and hiding info boxes

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers General queries Clearing out the markers and hiding info boxes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    siriusweb

Is there a way to clear out the markers once another person attempts to add a second marker. The idea is to show one at a time. We want to use this plugin to verify if a person lives within a certain district. Also for privacy purposes, we only want to show the marker and not their name or address. Is there a way to turn the info boxes off?

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to get in touch, your time is greatly appreciated.

It is possible to set the Auto-Approve function to disabled from within the Visitor Generated Markers Settings area. This means that although the marker is added by the user, it will not be visible to other users unless approved on the admin side first. I hope I am not misunderstanding in some way?

With regards to disabling the info-window, yes this can be done, however involved making some minor code changes. Are you comfortable with this?

I hope this helps?

siriusweb

Yes, I am comfortable making minor codes changes. Please forward the instructions.

Dylan

Hi there,

Not a problem at all, always happy to help.

Please follow the steps below to make the changes:
    1. Login to your WordPress admin area
    2. Hover over the button labelled ‘Plugins’
    3. Click on the button (in the sub menu) labelled ‘Editor’
    4. From the dropdown on the right hand side, please select WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on
    5. This will open the default PHP file for the plugin
    6. From the list of files on the right hand side, select the file labelled ‘wp-google-maps-pro/js/core.js’
    7. Please find the following line of code (Approx. Line 2764):

infoWindow[wpmgza_marker_id].open(MYMAP[map_id].map, marker);

8. Change it to the following instead:

//infoWindow[wpmgza_marker_id].open(MYMAP[map_id].map, marker);

9. Save the ‘Core.js’ file

This should prevent the info-window from being opened.

I hope this helps?

siriusweb

Thank you for your assistance. The info windows are no longer displaying on the map.

Dylan

Hi there,

My pleasure, always happy to help! 🙂

Have a great day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.