- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 8 months ago by Dylan.
January 20, 2017 at 12:13 am #23431siriuswebMember
Is there a way to clear out the markers once another person attempts to add a second marker. The idea is to show one at a time. We want to use this plugin to verify if a person lives within a certain district. Also for privacy purposes, we only want to show the marker and not their name or address. Is there a way to turn the info boxes off?January 20, 2017 at 7:43 am #23442DylanModerator
Thank you so much for taking a moment to get in touch, your time is greatly appreciated.
It is possible to set the Auto-Approve function to disabled from within the Visitor Generated Markers Settings area. This means that although the marker is added by the user, it will not be visible to other users unless approved on the admin side first. I hope I am not misunderstanding in some way?
With regards to disabling the info-window, yes this can be done, however involved making some minor code changes. Are you comfortable with this?
I hope this helps?January 23, 2017 at 7:35 am #23491siriuswebMember
Yes, I am comfortable making minor codes changes. Please forward the instructions.January 23, 2017 at 9:23 am #23502DylanModerator
Not a problem at all, always happy to help.
Please follow the steps below to make the changes:
1. Login to your WordPress admin area
2. Hover over the button labelled ‘Plugins’
3. Click on the button (in the sub menu) labelled ‘Editor’
4. From the dropdown on the right hand side, please select WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on
5. This will open the default PHP file for the plugin
6. From the list of files on the right hand side, select the file labelled ‘wp-google-maps-pro/js/core.js’
7. Please find the following line of code (Approx. Line 2764):
8. Change it to the following instead:
9. Save the ‘Core.js’ file
This should prevent the info-window from being opened.
I hope this helps?January 23, 2017 at 8:32 pm #23528siriuswebMember
Thank you for your assistance. The info windows are no longer displaying on the map.January 24, 2017 at 7:48 am #23539DylanModerator
My pleasure, always happy to help! 🙂
Have a great day!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.