Circles / settings

New home Forums Pro Add-on Circles / settings

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chris 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

chris

I want to add a circle with a 35 mile radius. I dont see any options to change the scale, the radius is pre-filled as “20” but is tiny and doesn’t have any units that I can see.

When I go to settings for the plugin, I am getting this:
    WP Google Map Settings
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function WPGMZA\mb_convert_encoding() in /home/serenity/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/includes/class.dom-document.php on line 80

im on wp google maps 7.10.15 and Pro Add On 7.10.12.

Thanks
    Chris

SupportTeam

Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

The standard units for Google Maps circles are meters, which should be what that radius is being measured at.

The error in Settings is because you’re running a PHP version without multi-byte support. I will let our lead developer know about this issue and see if there’s anything we can do to fix this. Otherwise you may wish to contact your host or site administrator and ask about getting PHP with multi-byte support installed on your server.

Thanks so much for your time, hope this helps?

Kind regards,
    Trevor Anderson

SupportTeam

Hi Christopher,

So glad this is working for you. If there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know.

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post – it would mean the world to me!

Thanks so much,

Kind regards,
    Trevor Anderson

SupportTeam

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the issue.

I’d be more than happy to take a look if you’d like, you can use the email [email protected] for the account if needed.

Thanks so much,

Kind regards,
    Trevor Anderson

chris

So Ive narrowed this down to being a problem with the circle. When the circle is deleted, the marker displays. When it is added, I get a console error:

core.js?ver=7.10.12p:3227 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined
        at add_circle (core.js?ver=7.10.12p:3227)
        at Object.MYMAP.(/contact-us/anonymous function).init (https://serenitypeteuthanasia.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-pro//js/core.js?ver=7.10.12p:1474:5)
        at InitMap (core.js?ver=7.10.12p:185)
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (core.js?ver=7.10.12p:1230)
        at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

I did try the jquery override in the maps settings to no avail. I also sent you creds to the site in an email reply.

Thanks
    Chris

SupportTeam

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the issue.

This is now resolved on your site, I applied a small patch to the code, it is an issue with how we were adding the circle in our code.

Thanks so much, hope this helps?

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

chris

Thank you, this seems to have fixed it! do I need to worry about it breaking again on update of the pro plugin?

Thanks
    Chris

SupportTeam

Hi Chris,

So glad this is now working for you. I will be sure this gets fixed for the next update, as it will affect all users.

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post – it would mean the world to me!

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor AndersonIf you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post – it would mean the world to me!

chris

Hey Trevor,

I wanted to let you know I updated the plugin to Version 7.10.16 and the pro-add-on to Version 7.10.13 and the circle not displaying problem is happening again. I can give you admin access again, or you can just tell me the file to edit and the code to replace so I can have this circle working again for our client until the next update.

Thanks
    Chris

SupportTeam

Hi Chris,

I do apologize for this, these fixes should have been included in that update, but it seems they didn’t make it in. I will be sure they are added to the next update.

line 1474 of /wp-google-maps-pro/js/core.js

change:
    add_circle(1, wpgmza_circle_data_array[mapid][circle_id]);

to:
    add_circle(mapid, wpgmza_circle_data_array[mapid][circle_id]);

line 1487 of /wp-google-maps-pro/js/core.js

change:
    add_rectangle(1, wpgmza_rectangle_data_array[mapid][rectangle_id]);

to:
    add_rectangle(mapid, wpgmza_rectangle_data_array[mapid][rectangle_id]);

Thanks so much, hope this helps?

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

chris

Thank you! that worked. I look forward to the fix being included in the update.

Cheers
    Chris

SupportTeam

Hi Chris,

So glad this is working for you. If there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know.

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post – it would mean the world to me! (If possible, could I ask you to mention both your name and mine in the review for administrative purposes, this would be a tremendous help!)

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.