Check Polygon for GeoLocatoin

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Check Polygon for GeoLocatoin

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by AbelC.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TotalTech

I looked around and didn’t quite find an answer to this, I am needing to develop a map with a polygon on it, that a user could input there address and then using the geo-location check if that location is inside said polygon(s). Is this possible with your plugin?

Perry

Hi TotalTech, Our plugin doesn’t provide any way to do this no, but it would be very to do with a little bit of custom Javascript. Are you familiar with Javascript and what would action would you like to take if the user is inside the polygon(s)? Thank you, – Perry (WP Google Maps – Support)

TotalTech

Well got back into site, link in email wasn’t jumping over here properly, Like I said in email, Just need the thing to process the address, find out if in the polygon or not, then based on that go to either one contact form or another form.

Thanks,
    Pat

Perry

Hi Pat, Could you direct me to the site and polygon in question please and I’ll make up a snippet of code for you. I would advise that you put a couple of buttons on for users who don’t want to share their location or desktop users who’s location might not be accurate, If you’re comfortable pasting custom Javascript in then we can have this done today Kind regards, – Perry (WP Google Maps – Support)

Ioanna
    Participant

Hello,

i have a similar question and i found this thread so i am sending here!

I would like to have a search engine used by shortcode and give me results by address but the address will have to be checked if it is included inside a drawn polygon .

If i may try to explain it in a more clear way. I would like to draw delivery areas as polygons for different shop/products or pages and through a search shortcode the user can have a list of shops/products/pages that their polygons have his address in them. But it has to work with addresses as an input to the search not zipcodes nor states/cities

thanks in advance for your response

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately, this is not supported by our plugin at the moment. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

I will definitely add it to the Feature Request items for our development team to have a look at. They will assess the request, and if approved they will add it to our plugin in the future.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Alternatively, this can be achieved with customization.

If you would like to submit a customization request, could I kindly ask if it would be possible to please provide us with a full, comprehensive list of changes you would like to be carried out to https://www.wpgmaps.com/customization-requests/ and we’ll respond back to you with a quote as soon as possible.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if there is anything else that we can assist you with.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.