Changing the prompts in the Visitor generated markers

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers General queries Changing the prompts in the Visitor generated markers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marcoborghardt 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nr1183

Hi there –

The Visitor generated marker section is rough… Is there anyway for this to be placed where I would like on the site instead of directly below the map. I would kind of love putting it in a pop up modal or secondary page separate from the map.

I’m not loving the centered form field. How could I get that left aligned and create custom prompts so as to better fit my site? My map allows food pantries to list their pantry on our master map. I need the user generated form to say this:

Add Your Own Pantry
    Marker Title —-> School/Organization Name
    Marker Address or GPS Location —-> Pantry address
    Marker Description —-> Pantry Name / And then include this text within the field box: (feel free to include any additional information about your pantry including hours/contact info)
    Marker Link —-> Website or Facebook URL
    Image: —-> Logo
    Marker Category —-> Membership Type

Lastly the button needs to read “Add Pantry”

Is there any chance there is some way to add custom CSS to my site or the plugin to do this???

Im in need of getting this sorted out by Monday so we can get launched. Sorry I hadn’t realized what this part of the plugin looked like since there was no screenshot/examples but would love some more flexibility in this section. Am I missing something in the backend controls?

Thanks so much for your help! You can find my map at, but attached is what I hope it might look like:
    http://www.Cufba.org/find-a-pantry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

There is a wpgmza_vgm_form shortcode that takes a link_to_map parameter to tell the form which map to add the markers to and redirect_to parameter which tells the form where to redirect to after the user adds the marker.

Unfortunately at this time in order to change the text for the form you would either need to edit the form code directly in /wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-ugm/wp-google-maps-ugm.php around link 460.

I will put in a feature request to override this text for you though, I couldn’t say when or if this would be implemented.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

Hi there,
    I am in need of a similar change to the title and address/GPS field.
    I understand an override is not available yet, but maybe you can explain how to change the php code to do it myself? I can provide a link to the page I’m referring to in case you need it.
    Thanks in advance!

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.

You could either edit the PHP code directly in /wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps-ugm/wp-google-maps-ugm.php around line 460.

Or you could try some custom JavaScript in Maps -> Settings -> Advanced in the Custom JS field:

jQuery(function($){
    $('#wpgmza_ugm_add_title').parent().prev().text('Custom Marker Title');
    $('input[name="wpgmza_ugm_add_address"]').parent().prev().text('Custom Marker Address or GPS Location');
    });

You can then change the Custom Marker Title and Custom Marker Address or GPS Location text to whatever you’d like.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

Hi Trevor,
    Thanks so much! However…. Adding the JavaScript doesn’t work (yet).
    Since some plugin updates yesterday approving the pending vgm requests also stopped working. Clicking the ‘Approve’ button doesn’t work anymore. I sent an email regarding this issue to you.
    I can provide you with a link and/or login if needed.
    Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Sorry for the issue.

I’ve just tested the approve button on my test site and it is working for me.

May I ask what versions of the plugins you are currently on?

WP Google Maps
    WP Google Maps Pro
    Visitor Generated Markers

And that you check if there are updates available for them, and if so update to the latest versions?

To check this navigate to Plugins -> Installed Plugins in your WordPress dashboard. Plugin versions and update information will show below the plugin in the list. You may need to reload the page for update information to show.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,
    Trevor Anderson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.