Change map marker list to direct links

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries Change map marker list to direct links

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    adambradford

Is there a way to change the behaviour of the map marker list so that when you click an item in the list, instead of opening a popup on the map, it takes you straight through to the link URL specified in the marker details?

Thanks,

Adam.

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi there Adam
    Thank you for getting in touch and for using my plugin!

This can definitely be done with a bit of manipulation of the code.

Which marker list are you currently using? If you let me know that I will be able to let you know which part of the code to change.

Kind regards
    Nick

adambradford

Thanks Nick. I’m using Basic List, Below Map

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Thanks Adam

Please open wp-google-maps-pro/wpgmza.php and find the following code (around line 439)

else if ($type == 4) {

$wpgmza_tmp_body .= "<div id=\"wpgmza_marker_".$result->id."\" mid=\"".$result->id."\" mapid=\"".$map_id."\" class=\"wpgmaps_blist_row\">";

if (isset($hide_icon_column) && $hide_icon_column == "yes") { } else { $wpgmza_tmp_body .= "   <div class='wpgmza-basic-list-item wpgmza_div_marker' style='max-width: 14px; max-height: 14px;'>".str_replace("'","\"",$icon)."</div>"; }
        if (isset($hide_title_column) && $hide_title_column == "yes") { } else { $wpgmza_tmp_body .= "   <div class='wpgmza-basic-list-item wpgmza_div_title'> ".stripslashes($result->title)."</div>"; }
        if (isset($hide_address_column) && $hide_address_column == "yes") { } else { $wpgmza_tmp_body .= " <div class='wpgmza-basic-list-item wpgmza_div_address'> (".stripslashes($result->address).")</div>"; }
        $wpgmza_tmp_body .= "</div>"; 

}

and change it to this:

else if ($type == 4) {
        $wpgmza_tmp_body .= "<div id=\"wpgmza_marker_".$result->id."\" mid=\"".$result->id."\" mapid=\"".$map_id."\" class=\"wpgmaps_blist_row\">";
        if (isset($hide_icon_column) && $hide_icon_column == "yes") { } else { $wpgmza_tmp_body .= "   <div class='wpgmza-basic-list-item wpgmza_div_marker' style='max-width: 14px; max-height: 14px;'>".str_replace("'","\"",$icon)."</div>"; }
        if (isset($hide_title_column) && $hide_title_column == "yes") { } else { $wpgmza_tmp_body .= "   <div class='wpgmza-basic-list-item wpgmza_div_title'> ".stripslashes($result->title)."</div>"; }
        if (isset($hide_address_column) && $hide_address_column == "yes") { } else { $wpgmza_tmp_body .= " <div class='wpgmza-basic-list-item wpgmza_div_address'> (".stripslashes($result->address).")</div>"; }
        if (isset($result->link) && $result->link !== "") { $wpgmza_tmp_body .= " <div class='wpgmza-basic-list-item wpgmza_div_link' style='display:none;'>".stripslashes($result->link)."</div>"; }
        $wpgmza_tmp_body .= "</div>"; 
    }

Then open up wp-google-maps-pro/js/core.js and look for this section (around line 932)

jQuery("body").on("click", ".wpgmaps_blist_row", function() {
        var wpgmza_markerid = jQuery(this).attr("mid");
        var wpgmza_mapid = jQuery(this).attr("mapid");
        openInfoWindow(wpgmza_markerid,wpgmza_mapid,true);

});

and change it to this:

jQuery("body").on("click", ".wpgmaps_blist_row", function() {
        if (jQuery(this).find(".wpgmza_div_link").length>0) {
            window.open(jQuery(this).find(".wpgmza_div_link").html(),"_blank");
        }
        var wpgmza_markerid = jQuery(this).attr("mid");
        var wpgmza_mapid = jQuery(this).attr("mapid");

openInfoWindow(wpgmza_markerid,wpgmza_mapid,true);

});

Is this what you were after?

This will only work if there is a link assigned to that marker, otherwise it will continue with the normal behaviour. If you don’t want to open the link in a new window, simply remove the ,”_blank” section.

Kind regards
    Nick

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Adam
    Shout if you need help with this. I can log in and do it for you if you wish. If you prefer this then please send me temp account details below in a private reply.

Kind regards
    Nick

adambradford

Yes, that’s exactly what I was after! It works a treat.

Removing the “_blank” part didn’t seem to do anything, so I changed it to “_self” instead. Now the link opens in the same window.

Many thanks Nick, great support as ever!

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

It was my pleasure! Thank you Adam!
    Nice work on the “_self” change 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.