Category Order

New home Forums Pro Add-on Category Order

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DarrenGray 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

DarrenGray

Hi,
    A few of category-related questions please:

1. Is it possible to ‘load’ categories? Perhaps via an import (csv file)?

2. Can a specification be made to display categories in alphabetic (asc/desc) order please? Seems to be arbitrary decision! Adding initial categories is OK (longhand if necessary), but if a new Category is added, I’d like it to be inserted correctly into the list.

3. I’d like to give users the ability to elect by category, then subcategory? The first dropdown to give high level (parent) categories, then a second (perhaps even third) dropdown populated with subcategories?

Thanks in advance

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Please find my response below:

1. Am I correct if I say that you would like to import categories via a CSV File?

If so, unfortunately this is not supported at the moment.

2. Unfortunately, this is not supported at the moment, however, you can change the priority of each category in alphabetical order by navigating to Maps -> Categories -> Edit -> Priority.

Please also note that we have now added category sorting controls to WP Google Maps Pro V8.

3. Yes, you can create subcategories and child categories with WP Google Maps Pro V7 by navigating to Maps -> Categories -> Edit -> Parent Category.

Please note that the categories will display in one dropdown list or checkbox section.

I hope this helps clarify, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

DarrenGray
    This reply has been marked as private.

AbelC

Hi Darren,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for our upcoming V8 version, however, we will be more than happy to provide you with our V8 beta version.

If you would like me to send you our beta version, could you please submit a support ticket here – https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/.

With that said, we are still in the process of adding the sorting category feature to our upcoming V8 version.

Unfortunately, V8 will only allow you have one category dropdown list that will allow you to select parent or child categories.

However, we will add these features to our plugin in the future.

Regarding your question to upgrade to the Developer Bundle, I will confirm with our accounts department and get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note that only the LifeTime License will give you access to all future major versions.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

DarrenGray

AbelC

mstlouis

Does the V8 beta version include the new option to sort the marker list by distance when you do a search? I heard that was going to be included in the new V8, and I’m very interested in that feature.

AbelC

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your time on this one, we do appreciate it.

Yes, this is now supported to sort the marker listing by distance once you have searched for the marker.

It will also show the distance from the searched address to the marker in the marker InfoWindow.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

DarrenGray

AbelC

Hi Darren,

Thank you for letting me know, and my sincere apologies for the mistake on my behalf.

Not a problem at all, you can just submit a support ticket and provide us with the Proof of payment.

Unfortunately, you can not have both WP Google Maps V7 and V8 installed on your site. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, we do note have documentation on this, however, we would be more than happy to provide you with the CSS to achieve this.

If you would like us to provide you with this CSS, could I kindly ask if you could please submit a support ticket here -> https://www.wpgmaps.com/support/ -> and please provide us with a list of changes you would like to be carried out.

Could I also kindly ask if you could please mention my name in this ticket so that the other agents will know to assign this ticket to me.

Alternatively, you can use the Modern Store Locator ( Maps -> Edit -> Store Locator -> Store Locator Style -> Modern).

Kind Regards,
    Abel

DarrenGray

DarrenGray

AbelC

Hi Darren,

Thank you so much for your time on this one, we do appreciate it.

I have now responded to your ticket.

Please do let me know if you have not received my response.

Have a great day further!

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.