Category icons not displaying on map (although they previously worked)

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Category icons not displaying on map (although they previously worked)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JenF 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JenF

I have the same problem as this post but don’t see a solution:
    https://www.wpgmaps.com/forums/topic/category-icons-no-longer-showing-on-map/

Category icons on our map are no longer showing, just red markers. The category icons were working previously and are still visible in the listing for each marker.

We’ve paid for the Pro & Gold add-ons and have updated the site to the latest version of WP 5.3 and all plugins. Can you help us restore the category icons on the map?

Here’s the map page:

Our Projects

AbelC

Hi There,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

I have run a couple of tests and it appears that the XML directory is trying to load over “http”.

Could I kindly ask if you could please navigate to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> Scroll down to “Pull marker data from” -> Please select “Database”.

Please do let me know if this is resolves your issue?

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

JenF

Thank you for that instruction. Switching to Database solved the problem.

One follow up question if you don’t mind — That setting says to select Database for small amounts of markers and XML File for large amounts of markers.

I don’t remember exactly how many markers we have but what would constitute a “large” amount?

Thanks again,
    Jennifer

AbelC

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for letting me know, and that is great to hear.

We recommend you to use the XML File when you have more than 1500 markers.

If you have less than 1500 markers, we recommend you to use the Database option.

I hope this helps clarify, and please do let me know if there is anything else that we can assist you with.

Kind Regards,
    Abel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.