Category Filtering Not Working

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Category Filtering Not Working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nickhempsey 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nickhempsey

I know I’m the 10,000th person to bring this up. I’ve been patiently awaiting the 7.11.03 update that was supposed to fix the category filtering. However, even with the update and several server side and client side cache clears I still can’t get the category filtering too work properly.

I have made some modifications to the look on the frontend, but it essentially works the exact same way. Even moving to Twenty Nineteen doesn’t help, the filtering still doesn’t work.

Schedule Appointment

Perry

Hi Nick

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The issue here is that you have not enabled the Directions API for your Google Maps API key, which causes the subsequent initialisation (including filtering) of the map to fail.

Please enable the directions service through your Google API dashboard, this will solve the issue.

Please confirm that solves the issue for you?

Kind regards
    – Perry

nickhempsey

My console says that I do have directions enabled. I checked the dashboard and none of test data has triggered a directions call (image attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Perry

Hi Nick

I beg your pardon, I was replying to a post which it appears has now been removed.

We have recently overhauled the filtering system, unifying and significantly optimizing the performance of the modules used for filtering. Unfortunately there have been a few small issues as a result of this, we’re very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I see you are running 7.11.05 – are these filtering issues now solved?

I’m confident they will be, but if that is not the case can you please describe what filtering behaviour you are observing, and what filtering behaviour you were expecting?

Kind regards
    – Perry

nickhempsey

Ok, I found the issue, I had recreated the filtering structure so I had more control over the look and apparently it broke the filtering function. I switched back to the default filtering and it works fine. Something is wrong in my code.

Perry

Hi Nick

Best of luck getting that resolved, if you need any hints we’d be happy to make suggestions.

Kind regards
    – Perry

nickhempsey

Thanks Perry. I essentially just removed the one I built and just used some jQuery to customize the look and feel of the legacy one. It all seems to be working as expected now!

Schedule Appointment

Perry

Hi Nick

That’s great! By the way, we love what you’ve done there, it looks great 🙂

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.