Category Filter without entering a location

New home Forums Pro Add-on General queries Category Filter without entering a location

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ddilly 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ddilly

Hi. I’m using your plugin to create a dealer directory. We have various product lines and would like for the user to be able to select a product line (a brand) and have the map only show markers associated with that product line. I have created categories for each product line and each listing has their category set.

When viewing the map, the category filter shows up on the Store Locator. Selecting a category from here does absolutely nothing unless you enter a location to search from. Is there some way have this category filter work without a location search? I was thinking of using custom fields instead of categories to accomplish this but the only issue there is that some of these dealers carry 2 product lines and the custom field doesn’t allow for me to specify what the options will be nor does it allow for multiple selections.

In addition to this feature, we would also like to be able to have the user select a region (e.g., US, Latin America, Canada, etc) and have the map filter out those dealers that are not in that region. It would also be nice if the map could automatically reorient itself to focus on the selected region.

Please advise how to best go about this. Thank you & appreciate the support.

ddilly

I just realized that if I disable the Store Locator that the category filter shows up in its own location and works as I would expect it to. Is there some way that I can have the category filter show up in this manner AND have the store locator show up?

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, and our sincerest apologies for the delay.

Could I kindly ask you to navigate to -> Maps -> Mape Editor -> Store Locator -> Once the Store Locator is enabled, below you should find a setting to enable the category field once more under “Allow category selection:”. You should simply need to enable this setting to have the category filter returned.

Unfortuantely, you cannot currently select regions, however, this is a feature that may be included in a future update.

An alternative would be to have separate maps for the different regions with their specified markers and if you would like to have one combined map to use the mashup feature to show all the markers on one map?
    https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/advanced-map-options/map-mashup/

Please let me know if this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.