Can’t Edit Markers-Pro with Gold Add-on and still can’t get support.

New home Forums Gold Add-on Can’t Edit Markers-Pro with Gold Add-on and still can’t get support.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nickchia
    Participant

This is getting frustrating. I have the WP Google Maps Pro plugin with Gold Add-on and still can’t get support. I posted days ago that I cannot edit markers on my map since the last upgrade. I have tried on Mac, PC and Google Chrome platforms.

I go to the map settings and select the map I want to edit. Then I click the “EDIT” button. Next I scroll to the map and click the marker (since there is no longer a marker listing below the map). There is an “Edit” button at the bottom of the information window (an icon, see attached image). When I click on the button on any platform, nothing happens. I don’t go anywhere. I don’t get a form to edit. NOTHING!

Should I just get rid of the Pro version and go back to the free one. That doesn’t make any sense to me as I just purchased a lifetime subscription.

Can someone please help me? Thank you.

The map is live at: https://www.claytonindustries.com/clayton-sales-and-service-locations/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dylan

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting in touch, we do appreciate your time. My apologies for the trouble experienced, I am eager to assist you in resolving these issues as soon as possible.

I had a look at our support desk and I can confirm that we did receive your message and replied to the last email from you on the 7th of Feb 2021, although it is possible this reply may not have gotten through to you.

With regards to the issue, you are experiencing when editing markers. Could I ask you to provide me with a screenshot of the entire map editor page on your side?

I believe it is possible that some of our compiled JavaScript files may not have been compiled fully during installation. This should not happen on most installations, however, from time to time it does occur.

We do have a procedure for re-compiling the scripts which could resolve the issues you mentioned as these are some of the common side-effects of the compiled scripts being out-of-date. When this happens, some of the events which handle editing markers may not fire.

Usually, I can confirm if this is the cause of the issue by viewing a screenshot of the map editor.

This would be a tremendous help, if you are open to it?

nickchia
    Participant

Hi Dylan,

I uploaded a PDF for you since the pap editor page is about 12 screens long. Also, I noticed that the yellow buttons rendered with the text backward on the PDF and none of the map markers showed up on the PDF. Hence, I uploaded a screen shot of the map section as well. Also, if the PDF is to large, I can email it to you or you can tell me which specific sections to include.

Thanx for getting back to me.

Nick

Attachments:
    nickchia
    Participant

Yes, the PDF was too large. I optimized it to low-res. Here it is again.

Attachments:
    Dylan

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting back to me, your time is truly appreciated.

I had a look at the screenshot and PDF you shared, this does appear to reinforce my theory about the compilation error I mentioned previously.

The visual layout you are seeing is usually one of the telltale signs that the compilation failed at some point.

I will do my best to document the steps needed to fully recompile the scripts, and restore the system to a normal working standard, below:

Before we start, please ensure you are running the latest versions of the plugins as listed below:
    – Basic: 8.1.10
    – Pro: 8.1.9
    – Gold: 5.1.5
    – VGM: 3.31 (If applicable)

With this confirmed and up to date, please follow the steps below:
    1. Navigate to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the Advanced section
    3. Enable the option labelled ‘Developer Mode’
    4. Save the global settings

It is possible that the tabbed interface in the global settings may not be structured normally, in this case, you will need to scroll through the page to find the developer mode option.

This will prepare the system for the recompilation of scripts, however, some additional steps are needed to complete the process.

From here, navigate to the map editor, and select a map to edit. Allow the map page to load fully, this will complete the recompilation. Once complete, please navigate back to Maps -> Settings -> Advanced -> And disable ‘Developer mode’ once again.

If the recompilation succeeds the system should be fully functional once again and all scripts should work as expected.

I hope this helps? Please do let me know if you run into any issues with the steps mentioned above.

nickchia
    Participant

Thank you so much Dylan!

That worked. I greatly appreciate your assistance. You’re the BEST!

Nick

Dylan

Hi Nick,

Only a pleasure, so glad to hear that helped! 🙂

Please do feel free to give me a shout if anything else comes up, always happy to help.

Have a nice week further.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.