Can't add new markers

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting Can't add new markers

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  [email protected] 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

acagnoli

Hi !

I purchased the gold edition for my client, and he told me that he can’t add new markers.
    So i tried, and he was right.
    It says “Geocode error …. Invalid Request”
    I also have a trouble on the map on the right, i can’t right click or interact with the map with my mouse.

Maybe a javascript issue ?

Hi acagnoli366,

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

The Geocode error is most likely caused by an invalid parameter or an invalid API being included in the request.

Could you please send me an example of the address you are trying to add the marker to, or does this happen in more than one location?

The issue with the interaction of the map might be from a JavaScript error, as you have mentioned.

Would it perhaps be possible to send me a screenshot of your JavaScript console on this page by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J in Chrome to view it?

This would really be appreciated and will help in solving this issue for you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

acagnoli
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for getting back to me with those screenshots 🙂

I see from the screenshot of the JavaScript console that the Google Maps API is being included multiple times on your page.

This will cause numerous problems with the map and will cause errors. To fix this, could you please try to enable the setting ‘Do not load the Google Maps API (Only check this if your theme loads the Google Maps API by default)’ from ‘Maps’ -> ‘Settings’ next to ‘Troubleshooting Options’?

Please let me know if this helps?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

acagnoli

Dylan,

I tried your solution, but still have the same issues, the maps can be moved with the pointer, but when i add the new location, i got the same error, and then, i cant mov the map anymore

Alex

acagnoli

Hi Alex,

I am sorry that didn’t work. The page still seems to be loading the API more than once.

Do you have any caching on your site? If so could you try clearing it and trying again?

Would you perhaps be open to creating a temporary admin account for me so that I can debug this issue and fix it for you ASAP?

If this is possible, please remember to send the details through as a private reply to protect your information.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

acagnoli

SupportTeam

Hi Alex

Unfortunately we haven’t received a password reset link on our side. Would you mind sending the password through in this thread so that we can look into this for you?

acagnoli

Hi Alex,

I apologize for the delay in response.

Thank you for the password.

I have found the cause of this issue, but unfortunately, I do not have access to edit the plugin files to fix this bug.

Would it perhaps be possible to grant me permission to the Plugin Editor in WordPress so that I can fix this for you ASAP?

Kind regards,
    Dylan

acagnoli

Hi Alex,

Thanks, I have noticed that the plugin files need to be made ‘writable’ and this cannot be done from within WordPress itself.

Could I kindly ask if it would be possible to grant me temporary FTP access to your site?

This would really help in getting the issue resolved quickly.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

acagnoli

Hi Alex,

Thanks. I will be happily awaiting your response.

Kind regards,
    Dylan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.