Can it scale – ie: For a responsive site?

New home Forums Pro Add-on Can it scale – ie: For a responsive site?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    juddc
    Participant

Hey there – just wondering if the map can scale for a responsive layout. Any thoughts appreciated.

J

jonhardison
    Participant

It can scale for responsive. In the dashboard, you’ll only see pixel settings for width, so you can set the standard site display params within the WP Dash. Then, in your custom CSS (depending on your theme) you can do something like:
    .wpgmza_map { width:100%; }

Most good responsive themes will also allow you to write custom CSS for specific screen configurations, i.e., iPhone vert, iPhone horiz, iPad vert or horiz…

If your theme is one of them, you can also adjust the map height for each scenario.

Hope that helps.

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Thank you Jon!

jonhardison
    Participant

🙂 You’re very welcome.

gizmogarrett21
    Participant

I did as described with the simple CSS fix and media queries for different heights to make the map responsive but the window seems to shrink without adjusting to the markers. Any ideas on how to stay centered on one (or more) of our markers when displaying on a smaller screen size (think mobile)? Thanks!

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Gizmogarrett21

I have fixed this issue in the latest release which I will be releasing today. It will contain responsive functionality, among many other things and it will automatically center the map depending on the screen size and size of the map.

Kind regards
    Nick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can it scale – ie: For a responsive site?’ is closed to new replies.