Can I use WP Google Maps in Custom Post?

New home Forums Basic Version Can I use WP Google Maps in Custom Post?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sammet
    Participant

It seems to be an awesome plugin! You have no idea how many hours I have lost trying to make a travel routes on Google.

However before purchasing I have some questions:
    1. Can I use WP Google Maps in Custom Post?
    2. I use Headway both versions, 2 and 3, is the plugin compatible or not?
    3. Can I put the shortcode on a page etc and open the map in a lightbox?
    4. Can I customize the color of the driving route line?
    5. Can I use latitude and longitud to place a marker?

Thats many questions, I know. Sorry, I will be happy for any answer!

Congrat for a great work with the plugin!

I am looking forward to use it (now)!

Sammet

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi there

Thank you for your interest in the plugin!

Here are the answers to your questions:
    1. Yes, you can set up your map and then add the short-code to any custom post or page. (one map per post)
    2. I have not had any complaints of users using the plugin with Headway and I have not tested it myself, therefore I do not know.
    3. If your theme handles the lightbox effect, this could be possible. I know of someone that has used the plugin in a page that gets opened in a lightbox effect.
    4. There is no function to customise the colour of the driving line, although if you would like, I can set this up for you
    5. Yes you can

If you have any more questions, I’ll be more than happy to answer them for you!

Kind regards
    Nick

sammet
    Participant

Thanks Nick!

I am convinced that this is the plugin for me. Just two last questions:
    1. Can I have multiple maps on one page? This is for a startpage that will display Title, Excerpts, Google maps for a quick view for the user…
    2. Can I put the shortcode in a meta box?

I hope my questions make sense…:-)

Thanks again

Sammet

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi

Unfortunately we still need to work on a fix for having multiple maps on one page.

I’m not quite sure of your second questions though? When you say meta box, are you referring to widgets? If so then no, the plugin does not support widgets just yet – that will come in the next release.

Kind regards,

Nick

scorpio84
    Participant

Hi
    Sorry for ‘waking up’ an old post but thought it is better than creating a new one.
    I was not able to see the shortcode generator in the ‘custom post type’ – is this a known issue. OR i am missing something (can see it in the normal posts)

Nick Duncan
    Keymaster

Hi Scorpio
    No problem!
    The plugin should work in a custom post type. Would you be able to send me the log in details for your site so that I can see what the real problem is?

You can send them to [email protected]

Kind regards
    Nick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I use WP Google Maps in Custom Post?’ is closed to new replies.