Can a user updated their dropped markers?

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers Pre-sale questions Can a user updated their dropped markers?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  poolec 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

poolec

Hi,

I’m trying to setup a system whereby our members can log a pin to say they have a pheromone trap in their garden and I can see that this could easily be done with your plugin. However, I then need them to be able at a later date to update their pin to indicate how many Box Moths they have caught or if they have found box moth caterpillars in their garden. In both cases I envisage this would be done by them changing the category so that the pin icon changed to reflect the status.

Is it possible for visitor generated markers to be updated by the visitor who created the marker?

Thanks,
    Chris Poole
    European Boxwood and Topiary Society
    ebts.org

SupportTeam

Hi Chris,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately we don’t support editing markers by visitor at the moment. We’ve added this feature to our wishlist so it may appear in future release.

Thank you for your time in this.

Best regards

poolec

Thanks Jarek, one follow up, is there any likelihood that the markers that are output using the export markers CSV file will each get a date/time stamp of when they were created any time soon (I know others have asked for it)? This would mean I could probably make the system work for my setup, all be it, in a different way.

Thanks,

Chris Poole
    European Boxwood and Topiary Society
    ebts.org

SupportTeam

Hi Chris,

We don’t have date/timestamp in exported CSV file, however we can add this to our WP Google Maps v7 version.

Best

poolec

Don’t suppose you can give a hint as to when that will be? 🙂

I need to have my system up and running by the new year.

Thanks,

Chris

SupportTeam
    This reply has been marked as private.

poolec

Hi Jarek,

Yes it would be great to try out the beta version on our dev site to see how it works.

Kind regards,

Chris

SupportTeam

poolec

Hi Jarek,

Thanks very much for letting me try out the v7 beta’s. I realise it is a work in progress and hope the following suggestions will be helpful.

1) A general point as a new user: I find it a bit unusual that when you are in Maps and you have selected a map, every tab then allows you to add a new marker and view other markers. This is slightly unusual for WordPress where you would normally have an Add New option at the top of the screen on a tab (or page) listing the markers. It also makes the page very long so there is lots of scrolling to do.

2) Visitor Generated Markers that aren’t auto approved – Like WooCommerce and other plugins I was expecting to see an Approve option under Actions, there appear to be only edit and delete unless I’m missing something.

3) The new Marker Library is great – except that it takes an age to draw the screen – any chance the list of icons could just appear all at once?

4) Categories – Will the Marker Library selection option be added rather than just having upload?

5) On a Maps VGM setting tab it would be good to be able to change the text of the labels for the VGMs fields and also have a tick box to hide them (like with the image upload). As already mentioned, I’m not sure it needs the Map preview and the Markers given it is a setup page.

6) As requested previously it would be great if when a Marker (manually or VGM) was added the record was date & time stamped and that could be output in the export function.

7) On the settings page I get the following errors at the top of the page:
    Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Tag progress invalid in Entity, line: 119 in /homepages/26/d454827627/htdocs/dev05/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/php/class.document.php on line 80
    Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Tag datalist invalid in Entity, line: 121 in /homepages/26/d454827627/htdocs/dev05/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/php/class.document.php on line 80
    Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 21 in /homepages/26/d454827627/htdocs/dev05/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/php/class.document.php on line 80
    Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 44 in /homepages/26/d454827627/htdocs/dev05/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/php/class.document.php on line 80
    Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Tag progress invalid in Entity, line: 119 in /homepages/26/d454827627/htdocs/dev05/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/php/class.document.php on line 80
    Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Tag datalist invalid in Entity, line: 121 in /homepages/26/d454827627/htdocs/dev05/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/php/class.document.php on line 80
    Let me know if you need any further info to help with this.

Hope these comments are taken as helpful suggestions and not criticisms – the plugin nearly does the things I am looking to do and I look forward to seeing the future developments.

Kind regards,

Chris Poole

Perry

Hi Chris

My name is Perry, I’m one of the Lead Developers on this project,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to try the beta out on your site and for all your feedback, it’s very much appreciated!

I’ll address your points in order:

1) I’m looking at some possibilities for changing the layout in the future so this has been noted, and I agree with you completely, however I won’t be changing this for the time being as we have opted to keep the UI layout the same as the previous version. Please bear with me on this, I’m hoping to come up with something in the next few months.

2) There should be a setting under Maps -> Settings -> Visitor Generated Markers labelled “Automatically approve visitor generated markers”, please use that. I will add this to the map panel in the near future.

3) This isn’t possible sorry. It takes some time for your browser to load and display 600+ images. I’ll categories them in the future and put them in tabs which should help mitigate this a little.

4) Yes I can absolutely do this, I’ll put that on my list, thanks!

5) I’ll discuss this with the team, you can use CSS to hide any fields you don’t want as a quick workaround.

6) I’ve added this functionality to the current beta, I’m intending to roll out an update this week so please keep an eye out for that.

7) This is also fixed in the latest release, please disregard them for the time being, these are only warnings and don’t have any affect on the functionality of the plugin.

And yes of course, if you have any further suggestions please keep them coming!

Kind regards
    – Perry

poolec

Hi Perry,

Just wondering if there is a newer Beta version I can try out since the one Jarek sent me a month ago – be great to see the latest changes.

Thanks,

Chris

Perry

Hi Chris

Nice to hear from you again!

You should be able to update the plugin through your plugins menu. The latest version is 7.0.7

Could you please send a private reply with your e-mail address if you’re not able to do that and I’ll send you the files directly.

Kind regards
    – Perry

poolec

Hi Perry,

Thanks all updated (not sure why I didn’t see the update before!).

I have a problem at the moment with Categories – they won’t show up even though I have created two. I’ve enabled Categories in VGM & on InfoWindows but it just says No Categories. I tried disabling the plugin and then re-activating as I saw that had been an issue previously. I tried categories both with and without parents neither worked. Am I doing something wrong or is this not working in the Beta?

Box Moth Tracker

Also Label text doesn’t seem to be saved when submitted via VGM.

Also if I buy the Developer pack now which is currently v6 will I get the upgrade to v7 when it’s released or should I wait and if so when is v7 likely to be released?

Thanks

Chris

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  poolec.

Perry

Hi Chris

No you’ve done everything correctly,

Could you please give me access to your FTP and dashboard and I’ll re-enable the categories for you, would that be permissible?

Kind regards
    – Perry

poolec
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.