Blank space above custom filters, and Permalinks to markers

New home Forums Pro Add-on Blank space above custom filters, and Permalinks to markers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    engineric

Hi, two separate items here.

First, I just updated from Pro Version 8.0.16 to Version 8.0.31. After the update, the words “Filter by” and a large blank space have appeared above the custom field filters. How do I get rid of this? See attached screenshots from before and after the update.

Second, is it possible to create permalinks to map markers? For example, if I navigated to [yourwebsite.com]#marker1 or something like that, it would automatically focus on the marker and open the infobox?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    engineric
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

This may occur due to the theme styling which WP Google Maps seems to be inheriting some of the styles which can differ from site to site and update to update.

With that said, could I kindly ask you to navigate to -> Maps -> Settings -> Advanced ->

While here, if you would simply like to remove the “Filter By” kindly copy the below CSS and paste it into the Custom CSS field:

.wpgmza-marker-listing-category-filter {
    display: none;
    }

If you simply want to remove some of the white spacing, kindly copy the below instead.

.wpgmza-marker-listing-category-filter {
    height: 20px;
    margin-left: 5px;
    }

Once complete, please save and confirm if this helps?

With regard to your second question, kindly find our documentation below on making use of the GET variables in order to achieve what you desire:
    -https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/using-get-variables-to-control-your-map-linking-to-a-marker-from-another-page/

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

engineric

Hi Steven,

Those both worked great, thanks! I have a follow up question though.

I will be editing my data set from time to time (editing descriptions, adding new markers, etc). I would like these permalinks to stay the same when I upload new data.

I have specified marker IDs in my CSV file, but they are being ignored. Instead the marker IDs just count upwards from the previous highest number.

How do I control the marker IDs when I upload new data?

Steven

Hi again,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I am glad this has helped.

Unfortunately, due to how databases function, risking the chance of having a duplicate entry such as two markers with the same ID could cause a fatal error.

So to avoid this, the ID column withing the table of the database is set to auto-increment, each time data is uploaded, the ids will instead auto-increment from the last id of the existing markers in the listing.

Unfortunately, there is not much one can do about this, except for manually entering the marker ids in the database which in itself is risky as well.

I hope this helps to clarify?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

engineric

Ok then, I guess there is no good way to make permalinks to markers unless you only edit the data from within wordpress. Unless… Can I use the marker title or coordinates as GET variables?

One other thing. I just noticed a couple of ipad specific issues:
    -First issue is that after you apply a custom field filter, the dropdown box will not go away. On my windows computer, android phone, and iphone, the dropdown box disappears when you click elsewhere on the screen, but on ipad it does not.
    -Second issue is that pinch to zoom does not work on ipad when in full screen mode. I do not have this issue on my android phone, and full screen mode does not seem to be available on my iphone, so as far as I can tell this is only an ipad issue.
    You can use the same link I posted previously to view these issues.

Steven

Hi again,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, the only other alternative is making use of the shortcode parameters, however, this always would require the marker id in order to focus the specific marker:
    – https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/advanced-map-options/map-shortcode-parameters/#zoom_level

Thank you kindly for bringing these issues to our attention. I will kindly discuss this with our lead developer in order to take a closer look at this issue on ipad.

Once corrected, we will provide a patch for this in an update of WP Google Maps.

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

engineric

Thanks Steven, really appreciate your responses.

There’s another thing I just noticed. On the store finder of my maps, the text for the location box is showing as “ZIP / Addressss” (with the extra s). I am no longer able to change that text for some reason. I’m not sure when this started happening.

Again, you can see this issue using the same link I posted above.

Steven

Hi again,

Just to confirm, you are not able to change the string text via -> Maps -> Map Editor -> Store Locator -> “Query String:”?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

engineric

Hi Steven,

I tested it a little more. This bug only appears when the Query String is left blank.

There used to be no issue with leaving the Query String blank. I am guessing that this bug started when I upgraded from Pro Version 8.0.16 to Version 8.0.31.

Steven

Hi again,

Thank you kindly for getting back to me.

No problem at all, I will ask our lead developer to take a closer look into this for correction in an update.

Thank you kindly for reporting this issue.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

engineric

Thanks Steven, really appreciate your support!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.